Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2024 5:10 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:00 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Booked a charter a few weeks back so we could sit back, fish and let someone else do the dirty work for a change. Following the forecast throughout the week it was clear it wasn't going to the ideal setting but since promises had been made we suited up and jumped head first into what I'm guessin was mother natures idea of a fun time.

Met with Capt Shawn Banks at 7 am at the dock as he readied the 27ft Penn-Yan. After a safety talk we left the slip and headed out in the crisp air in rather calm seas and within 15 min we throttled down, lit up the kicker and began helping our Skipper lay out the spread (so much for sittin back and letting someone else do the dirty work).

As we worked our spread under sunny skies and familiarizing ourselves with the Skip(picking his brain) grey skies began to move in and with this the seas also picked up a bit. This seemed to be just what the doctor ordered as utter bedlam broke out as we sliced through a pod of feeding Walleye. This lasted what seemed an eternity but what a high it was as we all sprung into action popping releases, handing off rods, clearing lines netting fish(even two at a time) and snapping pictures. Can't even remember the count.

Once that was said and done we trolled around and picked up a couple more fish but with the waves making it difficult to maintain speed and control it was decided we would move to another location.On our way there we happened upon a bad situation and hung around till everyone had been accounted for until we continued to our next destination.

Trolling the second spot also netted a few fish and saw the BBQ become a part of our day as I Cheffed the boys some sausages and bacon wrapped fillets which would have been tough if not impossible to manage in the 4-6 foot seas, wind and flurries in the reach.

All in all we finished "I'm not sure- for -I couldn't tell ya", but the experience has closed another chapter in our novel of fishing stories to be shared again and again. Would like to thank John, Corey and Steve for joining me on another unforgettable adventure.

As for Captain Shawn Banks of "Homewrecker Charters". His balance of exuberance and modesty as well as his wealth of experience will serve him well and we wish him success. Thanks for a great day Shawn.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ass Monkey

Last edited by assmonkey on Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:31 pm 
Walleye Master

yep. mits stuff like that right there that keeps you coming back for more lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:43 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Grizzly wrote:
yep. mits stuff like that right there that keeps you coming back for more lol

Not to cheapen it but one sniff or sip and its back on the bottle.

Ass Monkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:53 pm 
Walleye Angler

Nice post buddy! Shout out to our captain Shawn, good job out there, especially when the situation got real serious. Saturday was one of those days that I will never forget!!
Corey

I fish cuz it keeps me sane!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 pm 
Walleye Master

Great job. Sweet looking coat Seb. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:34 pm 
Walleye

letsgofishn wrote:
Nice post buddy! Shout out to our captain Shawn, good job out there, especially when the situation got real serious. Saturday was one of those days that I will never forget!!
Corey

I second that...it was a real eye opener

John

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

TheLandshark wrote:
Great job. Sweet looking coat Seb. ;)

Have 2 of them and absolutely love it so far.

Ass Monkey

banner ad