It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: OPP seeking information
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:20 pm 
Guppy

Attention Forum Users,
On behalf of John Kyle,
Quinte West Ontario Provincial Police are looking for a missing person that uses this forum and fishes on the Bay of Quinte.
Charles Dopking from Trenton is the missing person. He was last seen fishing Tuesday, November 19th on the Bay of Quinte, near the mouth of the Trent River in Trenton.
Also missing is an unknown friend that Charles was with and an approx. 14 foot boot.

If you were fishing on this night, in this area, or have information on Charles whereabouts please contact Quinte West OPP at 613-392-3561.

Thanks,
Detective Constable
John Kyle
Quinte West OPP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 am 
Guppy

Thanks to all for reading
When on the water this weekend please be safe and make other fisherman aware of the search that is going on currently and the events of Tuesday evening.
Thanks for your help

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:32 pm 
Jumbo Perch

jjc wrote:
Attention Forum Users,
On behalf of John Kyle,
Quinte West Ontario Provincial Police are looking for a missing person that uses this forum and fishes on the Bay of Quinte.
Charles Dopking from Trenton is the missing person. He was last seen fishing Tuesday, November 19th on the Bay of Quinte, near the mouth of the Trent River in Trenton.
Also missing is an unknown friend that Charles was with and an approx. 14 foot boot.

If you were fishing on this night, in this area, or have information on Charles whereabouts please contact Quinte West OPP at 613-392-3561.

Thanks,
Detective Constable
John Kyle
Quinte West OPP

In this post it says also missing is an unknown friend that charles was with AND the 14' boat however the other thread says the boat isnt missing?

Is there anyway JJC or the OPP can clarify this for the board members.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:51 pm 
Guppy

Thanks for asking striker bite
Charles was fishing with a friend in his boat
We know who his friend is
Sometime in the early evening Charles got into a boat while on the water with somebody that Charles knew. His friend returned home with Charles boat as he was cold and tired
Charles would never go home as long as he could do one more cast one more troll
That boat that Charles got into Tuesday night has never been found nor the mystery fisherman
I believe this person was local and known to the fishing community

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:56 pm 
Jumbo Perch

jjc wrote:
Sometime in the early evening Charles got into a boat while on the water with somebody that Charles knew. His friend returned home with Charles boat as he was cold and tired
That boat that Charles got into Tuesday night has never been found nor the mystery fisherman

Thank you for the clarification. I believe this helps a lot of people understand the parts of the story a bit better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:58 pm 
Guppy

"Sometime in the early evening Charles got into a boat while on the water"

It should say

Sometime in the early evening Charles got into another boat while on the water

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:09 pm 
Jumbo Perch

jjc wrote:

Another question is the Gus/Goose person.

Was Gus or Goose the first fishing friend he launched the boat with or was Gus/Goose the said friend he got into the second boat with?

Is there any other details of this person which Charlie got into the second boat with? Was there any conversations that took place on the water which Charlies first fishing partner may have overheard? Names/ any type of relation mentioned (eg fishing board/friends family/locations/Their relation to each other? ).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:40 pm 
Walleye Master

seems strange that there is no discription of the third guy who Charles got into there boat......... i mean it takes time to get from one boat into another and there was a witness to this yet this witness cant give any info what kind of boat ? color? what the guy looked like? as striker mentioned there had to be some kind of conversation that took place .

Post subject: OPP seeking information
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:22 pm 
Walleye Angler

So basically the only proof that there was a second boat with a 3rd fisherman is Gus/Goose's account of the story ? No body is out there looking for thier missing family member ? No trailer and car left abandoned at a boat launch somewhere ?
Wow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:41 pm 
Jumbo Perch

From todays story on intelligencer.ca

Quote:
"Police are continuing the search for two Quinte West boaters who went missing Nov. 14."

How can they search for two boaters when only one family has reported a missing person. Police are very cautious when using the word missing so what makes them 100% positive that there is a second missing boater? As tintwizard has said above "No trailer and car left abandoned at a boat launch somewhere ? "

The other mysterious thing is that
Quote:
The OPP doesn't want you to focus on the names Gus or goose because it could be something similar

This leads me to believe the first friends name isn't Gus/Goose? and that they are saying the second friends name is Gus/Goose? Soo confused

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:11 pm 
Jumbo Perch

I can't get this story out of my head guys, the info just doesn't add up and every time i think of something theres a part that hasn't been clarified

Quote:
Police are also attempting to patch together the identity of the second boater known only as Gus or "Goose."

"It's vital that we know his real name and get a description," said Cst. Dave Ludington of the Quinte West OPP detachment. "We are asking the public’s assistance with identifying Gus or “Goose.”

Dopking is a 46-year-old male, approximately 5'9", 150 lbs with a thin build, he has blond, bushy hair of medium length and a full beard which is also blond.

The men have not been seen since early Tuesday evening after launching a 14-foot aluminum fishing boat.

They were last spotted south of the Dufferin Street boat launch in Trenton.

Ludington said investigators have not spotted the boat.

So according to the above news article:

Gus or Goose is the second boater (not charlies first friend which he launched the boat with which took charlies boat back to the launch and presumably left with the truck and trailer/boat)

Now here's a interesting part:

Quote:
The men have not been seen since early Tuesday evening after launching a 14-foot aluminum fishing boat.

They were last spotted south of the Dufferin Street boat launch in Trenton.

The above quote from the article is saying that the two men launched the boat, however we were told here that charlie didnt launch with this second person // he boarded the boat on the water which was driven by the second person which he stayed with.

Anyone else seeing lack of clarification in these articles? I just want to piece together what we have in a clear fashion.

Any of this information can be vital to the sounding residence if they can be positive for who/what to look/listen for.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:08 pm 
Walleye Catcher

jjc wrote:

This just keeps getting more and more odd. My prayers are with Charlie D's family and anyone else that didn't make it back to shore but this whole thing just doesn't seem to make any sense.

I've been in that situation a few times before (wanting to stay with a partner that wants to head in) as I too am a sucker for 'one last cast'. In that situation I might drop buddy off at the launch, or drop him in another buddy's boat that was heading for shore. I know for sure that I would never (even for a best bud) hop into another boat to keep fishing, moving all my gear into another boat while leaving my buddy to take my boat into dock and trailer up solo and drive back to his house with my ride/trailer?! How was Charlie supposed to get home and get his boat/truck back? I am not trying to paint a conspiracy tone over a potentially tragic night, but I too can't get over the holes in this story.

Can any of you conceive this situation being true? A fisherman hopping into another boat (at night none the less, from a 14' tinny) would've at very least been enough of a time for the boater that returned to shore to know something about this mystery 3rd boater?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:53 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ya it's a lil fishy. Not sure exactly where they were fishing in Trenton, But anytime I have fished there I was always amazed at how close to shore, and how close to the boat launch we fish!! You can put your boat in and literally start jigging!! And most guys I have seen there drive up to the bridge and drift down river right past the boat launch coming within 25 yards of it. then fire the engine up and scoot back up the river and do it all over again..... Why would anyone give another guy his boat if your fishing that close to shore? Sure hope he's alright!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:28 pm 
Guppy

Thanks for reading my post
Charlie had two friends he went fishing on Tuesday
The day time friend was with Charlie in Charlie's boat
The day time friend went back to Charlie's in Charlie's boat
Charlie was supposed to return to Trenton cold storage to pick up his jeep and trailer
He wasn't missing that long and his wife phoned the OPP he could only be reported as a overdue fisherman as she had no idea where he was. The police figured he would show up by morning
We have no idea what happened to Charlie
We need to talk to the fisherman that Charlie got in with
He knows what happened to Charlie
Charlie got in a boat with his other friend in the early evening
The boat switch occurred somewhere on the water in the vicinity of the Trent river
That boat and and that fisherman has only been seen by his day time friend his day time friend is not certain about the name as he was wearing a balaclava and the engine was running if you know of someone fishing that evening it doesn't matter what his name was it was probably him
The police are looking for that boat but much much more important they are looking for that fisherman
There was possibly only that fisherman on the boq that evening
That is the purpose of this post
Who was fishing Tuesday evening after approximately 6 30 pm?
Somebody's knows
Charlie's boat that he got out of was never in question I used it that night in the search
I had Charlie's jeep towed as there was only one set of keys and they were with Charlie
The mystery boat has never been found if there was a vehicle and trailer it was never seen
Thanks for reading
Keep talking the OPP are still looking for the fisherman that Charlie got in with sometime Tuesday evening
Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 pm 
Walleye

Wow this story is mind boggling. Was the guy from west lake found at all? It just make me think that something weird is goin on on the local waters. Hope this gets solved and everyone have a safe rest of season. Thoughts are with Charlie's family.

banner ad