banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:41 pm 
Guppy

Continued
It is possible but not for sure that the boat came from a boq residence
Charles Dopking was fishing with a friend and got into another boat with somebody that we are looking for
The switch occurred on the water in the dark somewhere in the vicinity of the Trent river and to the west. That boat that Charles got into was never found. Neither was the other fisherman We are looking for that person. If you know of any person fishing Tuesday evening we need to talk to them
I truly believe somebody can help us.
Charles was a family man with two daughters and a grand daughter.
Thanks for your help and please discuss this among other fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:47 pm 
Jumbo Perch

jjc wrote:
Continued
It is possible but not for sure that the boat came from a boq residence
Charles Dopking was fishing with a friend and got into another boat with somebody that we are looking for
The switch occurred on the water in the dark somewhere in the vicinity of the Trent river and to the west. That boat that Charles got into was never found. Neither was the other fisherman We are looking for that person. If you know of any person fishing Tuesday evening we need to talk to them
I truly believe somebody can help us.
Charles was a family man with two daughters and a grand daughter.
Thanks for your help and please discuss this among other fisherman

Charles was fishing with a friend (he left said friend on the water?) and got into another which hasnt been located however no one else has been reported missing?

The other part which is still left unclear is the truck and trailer. Was the truck and trailer removed by police or family or was this truck and trailer stolen?

Is Gus or Goose the person Charlie got into the new boat with on the water or was Gus or Goose the one that returned to shore with said 14 ft aluminum? Where is the first boat?

This story needs a point form timeline to help every because i believe this misinformation isn't helping.

Thoughts are with the family and I pray for a safe return.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:24 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Apologies if these questions have been answered: I am just trying to piece together the information we have been given.

Can we talk about the first fishing friend (Friend#1)? He chose to leave charlie on the water with unknown friend (Friend#2)

He chose to load the boat up by himself and leave with Charlies boat/trailer? Did they discuss Charlies ride home (i know I would have if it was me and my friend/s)

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

StrikerBite wrote:
Apologies if these questions have been answered: I am just trying to piece together the information we have been given.

Can we talk about the first fishing friend (Friend#1)? He chose to leave charlie on the water with unknown friend (Friend#2)

He chose to load the boat up by himself and leave with Charlies boat/trailer? Did they discuss Charlies ride home (i know I would have if it was me and my friend/s)

The questions you are asking and how your perceiving the story is exactly how I am

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:23 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thinking after reading the other thread, its a clearer one to follow at this point

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:18 pm 
Walleye Catcher

TintWizard wrote:

The questions you are asking and how your perceiving the story is exactly how I am

Me too, whole thing is extremely odd.

Last edited by TheDL on Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:21 pm 
Walleye Catcher

jamiec wrote:
I actually had the opportunity to talk with the father of the missing fisherman. Not going to say to much but his truck and trailer have been removed from the parking lot. The missing no name friend he was fishing with apparently went to shore in his boat at some point. Only one man missing. .

:?: Jaime - can you clarify who you talked to? You say 'his truck and trailer have been removed' do you mean Charlie's?

The missing 'no name' (presumably the now found Gus?) man went to shore with Charlie's boat? How did this guy get home?

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:56 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

TheDL wrote:
jamiec wrote:
I actually had the opportunity to talk with the father of the missing fisherman. Not going to say to much but his truck and trailer have been removed from the parking lot. The missing no name friend he was fishing with apparently went to shore in his boat at some point. Only one man missing. .

:?: Jaime - can you clarify who you talked to? You say 'his truck and trailer have been removed' do you mean Charlie's?

The missing 'no name' (presumably the now found Gus?) man went to shore with Charlie's boat? How did this guy get home?

I talked to Charlie's father. Charlies jeep and boat trailer were still hooked and at the trenton cold storage ramp. Later that day it was gone. Likely towed by the police.

Charlies father told me that gus( the man charlie first left fishing with) is home. He ( gus) says he was getting cold and charlie wasn't done fishing so he gave Gus his boat to go to shore. Charlie then hopped into another boat to keep fishing. This is where the mystery is. Charlies father said he wasn't allowed to operate Charlies boat. If his father could not why would he let gus?

All of us that have boats must find that a little fishy. Would you relinquish control of your boat to someone else and hop into another boat? I wouldn't and I'm sure many of you wouldn't.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:06 pm 
Jumbo Perch

jamiec wrote:
TheDL wrote:
jamiec wrote:

I talked to Charlie's father. Charlies jeep and boat trailer were still hooked and at the trenton cold storage ramp. Later that day it was gone. Likely towed by the police.

Charlies father told me that gus( the man charlie first left fishing with) is home. He ( gus) says he was getting cold and charlie wasn't done fishing so he gave Gus his boat to go to shore. Charlie then hopped into another boat to keep fishing. This is where the mystery is. Charlies father said he wasn't allowed to operate Charlies boat. If his father could not why would he let gus?

All of us that have boats must find that a little fishy. Would you relinquish control of your boat to someone else and hop into another boat? I wouldn't and I'm sure many of you wouldn't.

thanks for some clarification.

Do you happen to know if gus had his own transportation at the trenton cold storage ramp?
also what did gus do with the boat when he got to shore?

*After thought*
If Gus had transportation at the launch why wouldn't charlie fish his own boat? He would simply drop gus off at the launch.

Not adding up boys. Hope hes safe

Last edited by StrikerBite on Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

I didn't ask about charlie's boat as his father said it was home. I'm not sure how it got there. I think only the Guss or goose guy can clarify things. It's him that says charlie got into another boat.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yes thanks for the clarification. Curious though how Gus/Goose couldn't give a description of the other boat, no description of the other fellow ?
If I saw my buddy Norm in another boat and wanted to go in his boat, I'd say " hey , it's norm"

How close of friends are Charles and G/G ?

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:56 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Ya this is a very strange situation for sure. More questions then answers.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

For the family's sake hopefully that switches around to more answers / less questions

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:28 pm 
Baitfish

jamiec wrote:
TheDL wrote:
jamiec wrote:

Jamie just want to clarify - Charlie was out fishing with his friend Aaron. Aaron is the one who took Charlie's boat back to launch and Charlie got in the other guys (Gus/whoever) boat. Aaron went back (in Charlie's boat) at 7 to meet them and they never showed and Aaron eventually reported them both missing.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:50 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Thanks for that. I hope some information can lead to a closure for charlie's family.

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
banner ad