Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Big Bay hot
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:21 pm 
Site Admin

I was asked to pass this on to the board on behalf of a group who just wrapped up their trip here from Pa. They did very well with the walleye. they caught alot of fish ranging in size from 3lb up to the biggest which was just over 10lbs. They were fishing Big Bay area and had the most luck along Trident pt, north/west shore of big Island and over by the cement plant. The fish were caught on worm harnesses in turquiose(sp?) color and had the best luck from later afternoon through to an evening bite. The guys said this was the best they have had in sometime coming here. On their best day they caught 19 fish in 4 hours between 5pm and dusk.

Sounds like its time to break out the uzicks

Post subject: big bay have had no luck
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:39 pm 
Walleye Catcher

I'm glad to hear someone has done well in big bay. Jay and I have been out 5 times in big bay and have tried everything from cranks to jigs to rapallas to CC shads to worm harnesses and we have not produced a lot of fish in the big bay area. We were thinking about trying The picton area this weekend, Has anyone had any luck out there? Hay bay?? Good luck
Sheldon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 6:24 am 
Goby

Very surprised to hear of these results. We had a large group fishing this area all of last weekend and only caught 5 Walleye (29", 26", 23", 22", and 19"). Everyone we talked to had similar results at best and no nets over the side from what we could tell. Fished 12 guys, 12+ hours a day, 3 days...Only one caught by cement plant, 1 on shoreline about a mile down from cement plant toward the big bay, and 3 in Picton Harbor. All fish were caught trolling crankbaits. The 3 in Picton Harbor were caught trolling 30 feet down from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM. We tried everything. Another large group at our camp had a dozen or so with over twice the fishermen during the same time. Heard of a couple being caught in Mallory Bay. Also, where are all the Northern Pike? We only got one (32"). By far our poorest showing in a while.

Post subject: wrong area
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 7:58 am 
Site Admin

Gary,
Reading your comments I just wanted to clarify where Big Bay is. Big Bay or locally refered to as Pt. Anne is close to Belleville and no where near Picton. As an aside I was talking to the folks at Sunset Farms and Cabins and they confirmed there has been a good bite but best during the evening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:19 am 
Walleye Catcher

I got out last night and not a bite. was not marking many fish.
good luck this weekend
Sheldon

Post subject: BIG BAY REPORT
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:07 pm 
Goby

Dan--Your report on the fishing at North Port was correct. The Ayr Sportsman group just spent 3 days of excellent fishing at Sunset Farms. We had a group of 30 fisherman returning for our 19th year that all went home with nothing but positive things to say about the fishing. Walleye catches were great, but we also got several large pike, channel cat, jumbo perch as well as sheep head. Many of these fish were returned to the Bay for another day. As usual early morning hours and the last couple hours before dark were the prime times. Most of us were using worm harnesses in chartreuse/red, as well as mepps in silver or the black fury with worms attached. Evenings also produced well with CC shad in silver/black. Hopefully this great fishing continues as were all looking forward to returning mext spring. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

Went out on big bay . We only had 3 hrs to fish but did well . 3 eyes all from 3 to 4 pounds , 2 smaller pike (3 pounds) one nice pike (9 pounds) . All were caught on crank baits in chrome and blue finish . Great time was had in that short time . We were out from 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm .

banner ad