Tourism
Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

http://www.ckwstv.com/2013/11/27/search-for-missing-quinte-west-boaters-continues/
Just seen on the News. Search for Charles Dopking has now become and Criminal Investigation. 8O

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm 
Baitfish

Sknkmn wrote:
http://www.ckwstv.com/2013/11/27/search-for-missing-quinte-west-boaters-continues/
Just seen on the News. Search for Charles Dopking has now become and Criminal Investigation. 8O

Finally!!! I wish the video on the website was working.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:19 am 
Walleye

There is just so much that doesn't make sense to me in this story.

Why haven't they release any video surveillance footage from any of the boat launches that night?
Since they never found the other missing guys truck/trailer at any launches, he must have a dock and live on the water in the area, if he indeed exists.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:35 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

joey wrote:
There is just so much that doesn't make sense to me in this story.

Why haven't they release any video surveillance footage from any of the boat launches that night?
Since they never found the other missing guys truck/trailer at any launches, he must have a dock and live on the water in the area, if he indeed exists.

To be honest I wonder about the existence of the second fishermen. The story of the first guy with charlie makes no sense. Charlie gives him his boat to take back but not the keys to his jeep. There's no dock there so what does fisherman one do with the boat? Just leave it beached on shore?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:21 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Sknkmn wrote:

Has anyone else heard any updates? I don't see any news articles saying this is now a criminal investigation (besides the link above, their story is very misleading as well).

Either they have the man they want in sight or the police are doing a poor job of keeping the public informed.

They haven't released a photo to the public and i haven't seen any OPP press release. Anyone else?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:38 pm 
Walleye Angler

Yeah, strange. that's a mystery of it's own you can only assume they have their reasons

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:29 pm 
Baitfish

TintWizard wrote:
Yeah, strange. that's a mystery of it's own you can only assume they have their reasons

I hope they have a damn good reason. I know they are working on it though.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:45 pm 
Walleye Master

If this is another "Russell Williams" case and the public not being notified.... lets just say. this region is going to be pissed.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:11 pm 
Walleye

this is sure a weird story
Here is my questions on what happened to get this right...correct me if i am wrong...

1) Charlie and Person A went fishing together and person B was in another boat. Charlie launched and parked trailer at ramp, and person B's boat is a local boat?
2) Person A was done fishing in Charlies boat. Charlie went into Person B's boat and Person A took Charlies boat to shore?
3) Charlie and Person B (and his boat) never showed up to the ramp?
4) Person A who now has Charlies boat is home, and Charlies boat is no where to be seen? and Charlies Truck and Trailer were left at ramp?
5) Charlie and Person B are still missing?
6) is Person A is "Aaron" and Person B is "Gus/Goose"? or vice versa?

if i am wrong i apologize, but tryin to make this simple for all forum readers Im just trying to figure this story out.

i hope all this gets settled and everyone is safe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:23 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Is person A on the forum???

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:55 pm 
Baitfish

stripey85 wrote:
this is sure a weird story
Here is my questions on what happened to get this right...correct me if i am wrong...

1) Charlie and Person A went fishing together and person B was in another boat. Charlie launched and parked trailer at ramp, and person B's boat is a local boat?
2) Person A was done fishing in Charlies boat. Charlie went into Person B's boat and Person A took Charlies boat to shore?
3) Charlie and Person B (and his boat) never showed up to the ramp?
4) Person A who now has Charlies boat is home, and Charlies boat is no where to be seen? and Charlies Truck and Trailer were left at ramp?
5) Charlie and Person B are still missing?
6) is Person A is "Aaron" and Person B is "Gus/Goose"? or vice versa?

if i am wrong i apologize, but tryin to make this simple for all forum readers Im just trying to figure this story out.

i hope all this gets settled and everyone is safe

Please see the thread I started called "Clarification on missing boaters story". I believe it will answer your questions. Just a note that Charlie's boat has never been missing it was always "Gus"s boat that is missing. Charlie handed his boat over to his friend Aaron and wasn't seen again. His Jeep and trailer were at the launch until family had it towed a couple of days later.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 8:58 am 
Guppy

Thanks to all for reading and posting
Charles Dopking is still missing
anyone with information regarding Tuesday evening Nov 19 is asked
To contact the Quinte west OPP
we are still looking for the fisherman that Charles got in the boat with while on the water
There is very few fisherman that would go out at night in November by themselves
I am sure somebody can help
Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:25 pm 
Baitfish

I have to say, I never fished a day in my life but I really appreciate this little community that Charlie is part of. I can tell you guys look out for each other like an extended family and its very nice to see.
~the girliest comment ever on the QFF

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:51 pm 
Jumbo Perch

I've been following this thread and all the others regarding this issue, and my sympathies go out to the familly and friends of Charlie, I think his buddy Arron may not be totally truthfull about the happenings of that night, the story seems to go way off track and think ole Arron may know more then he's saying. A friend just happemed to pick up Charlie off the water and Charlie just gave me his boat and yet there is absolutly no evidence Charlie got into another boat and absolutly no evidence there was even another boat. There was no other boat Arron knows what happened he's just leading everyone on a wild goose chase....hence the reference to goose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:25 pm 
Walleye

agreed, his story makes no sense, why wouldn't charlie just drop him off at the launch and send his friend aaron on his way home and keep fishing in his own boat.

say he does agree to give up his boat becuase he doesnt feel safe fishing alone and decides to go with this other "goose" guy. How did he contact him while on the water, was it by cellphone? Or did they just happen to pass each other and he randomly yells at him to come over and have a chat. In either case I am sure this Aaron guy would have heard the name his friend charlie called this other guy.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
banner ad