banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 6:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:04 pm 
Walleye Master

We had ice building pretty good out back around Nov. 24th , so Chris(TrentRiverFishin) decided to pop over to the house on Nov 28th with his floater suit and spud in hand to check the thickness.

We had 2.5”- 3” of black ice, not enough for me but things were looking good with overnight temps in the low teens . 

Wendy and I knew the season was early this year, so we headed to see Stacy,s ( Pro Tackle),Friday morning and picked up some essentials and bought the wife a new auger, so when we got back I checked the ice and had 4.5” of black.  Drove the quad back to the house and asked the wife if she’d like to try out her new auger, so I had her punch a few holes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:05 pm 
Walleye Master

We fished for 2 hours with no luck (they’re still up near the dam), but man did we enjoy ourselves out there.

With no luck Friday the wife gave me the go ahead to head to Radio World Saturday morning to pick up a new flasher. I went with the Marcum LX7 and decided Sunday to get out there before my ice melted. It was wet and rainy but I was still on 4 “of solid black, I fished for about an hour and a half and decided to head off the ice. Again, I had no luck however the ice is not frozen enough yet to get into my channel where they hold.. I loved how the LX7 preformed so far, I got to tweak it a bit out there at least. I will give a full review of the LX7 at the end of the ice season

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:06 pm 
Walleye Master

Unfortunately, I was not able to land a fish but what a feeling it is to be ice fishing in this area at this time of year. I think I hit the ice over 50 days last year when the wife was sick, now she’s healthy and I have my fishin partner back!!! :) :)

Stay safe out there men/women.

GOB BLESS THE ICE GODS and QUINTE GOLD!!! :)

Randy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:16 pm 
Walleye

good to see i checked the ice in bayside with no luck made it out about 15 feet and turned arounld that was friday where did you get out

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:13 pm 
Walleye Master

just out back on the Trent . If you have a GPS, these are the closest coordinates I have N37 25.3422 E141 1.97519, friggin Google...

I went out after work today and still have ice after the rain and temps. It's hitting -5 tonight and I've got 3 days off for the rest of the week. Hopefully she's good to go in the morning. This is going to be a stellar year!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 am 
Walleye

Gone Fish'in wrote:
just out back on the Trent . If you have a GPS, these are the closest coordinates I have N37 25.3422 E141 1.97519, friggin Google...

Those coords are a little far to travel!

Anywhere around Trent will have coords like this: 44.110391,-77.58944 (taken from Google Maps). Anyway, give it another try, sure would like to know where the ice is Ok.

Cadeuses

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:26 pm 
Perch

Have you got anymore info on the ice in the area I usually fish near the mouth of the Trent but I highly doubt that it is safe yet and any info on the fish biting would be great Thanks

banner ad