Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:03 pm 
Walleye

i am thinking of buying a camera for under water, has anyone got any recommendations or experience with the aqua view series like the micro 5, micro 2,or av micro plus dvr? I know the cameras are small which I figure may be a good thing to prevent spooking any fish... but then my concern is if there is current in the area I fish then how good will it be to use the aqua view series? I know marcum has some out as well, but then I worry it may spook fish cuz the cameras are bigger... so if anyone has any experience with these or other cameras please reply to this.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:48 am 
Walleye

I use the Fish TV camera and love it. I don't think the camera spooks the fish at all. I've had the walleye come right up to it and bump it with their nose. I've seen many a fish caught on the camera. As for the current, I set mine up current so it turns toward my lure, I drill a hole about 2-3 ft away from the hole I'm fishing. I do like the new aqua veiw micro (don't have one yet, watched the video) The camera is a lot smaller, but how will it handle in the current?
The best thing about these camera's, no matter what make, it takes the "I'm bord can we go in now" out of ice fishing for the kids! They love it, and its educational.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:13 am 
Walleye

wounded wrote:
I use the Fish TV camera and love it. I don't think the camera spooks the fish at all. I've had the walleye come right up to it and bump it with their nose. I've seen many a fish caught on the camera. As for the current, I set mine up current so it turns toward my lure, I drill a hole about 2-3 ft away from the hole I'm fishing. I do like the new aqua veiw micro (don't have one yet, watched the video) The camera is a lot smaller, but how will it handle in the current?
The best thing about these camera's, no matter what make, it takes the "I'm bord can we go in now" out of ice fishing for the kids! They love it, and its educational.

thank you for your reply. I think i am gonna go with the aquaview micro and try to find some way of dealing with the current.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:57 pm 
Walleye

what about Marcum has anyone used those cameras? what about visabilty on quinte, is the water clear enough so see more then a few feet at the usual ice fishing depth of say 15 to 18 ft?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:42 pm 
Walleye

randyvt wrote:
what about Marcum has anyone used those cameras? what about visabilty on quinte, is the water clear enough so see more then a few feet at the usual ice fishing depth of say 15 to 18 ft?

Water clarity is very good. You can see a lot and quite a distance at that depth. Sunny days are best, I find. I'm not sure how the Marcum camera's are. I only use the Fish TV. I hate fishing without it. Drives me nuts not knowing what's going on down there! Lol

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

How does a camera work when in a dark hut . If you want more light how does shining a light down a hole work?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:11 pm 
Walleye Angler

I have a fish tv and I dont find it any use at all , first thing in the morning or at dusk,but other than that it is an intersting piece of equipment, except in high current areas.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:19 pm 
Walleye

TintWizard wrote:
How does a camera work when in a dark hut . If you want more light how does shining a light down a hole work?

Works better. There is no glare on the screen from the daylight. Once dusk rolls around it is useless. The red lights only light up about a foot. Also reflects off the eyes on the perch and the walleye. I usually turn it off and go home after dusk anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:27 pm 
Walleye

I have a Marcum vs385c I love it,camera has nice and clear in color or black & white,the light has 3 settings of brightness I found the top brightness a little to much...I felt it my have spooked them,didn't see as many.I found it was great to see what was going down there...still didn't make them bite any more... only perch don't care what light his on little BASTARDS :lol:

banner ad