Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 1:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:21 am 
Walleye Angler

I know what you mean about the noise, there was a fellow near me last night that was apparently testing his snowmobile and another that took at least 10 mins to find his spot. He just kept driving around me looking for open holes to fish.
And then there's the guy that I took with me that had to talk to everyone within sight of us ( much too noisy)
I like to get to a spot, drill my holes and hunker down to business. He had me muttering to myself wishing he would just shut up and fish. Now I remember why I normally I go out by myself.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:39 am 
Walleye Angler

Grizz now thats funny ....that's something that would happen to me

Red

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:34 pm 
Walleye

I agree completely with Walleyed Assasin. I am always willing to post where I was on fish.(Not that I kill them but I do O.K.).It's a big bay with lots of room and lots of fish. I remember when I first started ice fishing the bay. It was really frustrating and discouraging to read about guys having record days when you get skunked and nobody willing to help put you a fish or two.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:00 am 
Walleye

I hate when someone comes within 10 feet and try's drilling holes like really may as well just ask me to drop a second line down my hole lol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:56 pm 
Walleye Angler

[WalleyeWonder] wrote

That's what makes u better, If people help and hand feed info ..... then buddy catches 5 fish and thinks hey theres nothing to this..... vs the guys going home angry every night trying to figure it out. I was the angry guys for 2 years..... then I figured it out... better than most that only have 1 or 2 patterns... I have thousands.[/quote]

Chris I agree that that is part of how you get better at fishing but I also believe that info passed from hand to hand or from watching a show on tv or reading an article in a magazine are also all valid ways to get better .....I used to fish more than I do now.......but house & kids and work made it tuff to go fishing 3 or 4 days a week which increased my odds because I followed the fish around and would learn more about there habbits and the way they were biting ......thats the great thing about fishing , it' s unpredictable you never know what type of a day you are going get that's what keeps us all coming back for those great days

I havd read lots of peoples posts here and enjoy the info that i recieve and try to pass on a little to others through posts or pm's....I have 1 friend that if he goes out and does not catch fish he thinks that was an unsuccessful outing .....but
thought I love to catch fish I have a good time whether I catch or not ......and as much as I love beat my buddys next to me It's always more fun when we all get fish .....that is a successful outing for me

Just my thoughts

Terry

banner ad