banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 2:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Marcum lx7 help
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:12 pm 
Guppy

Hey guys I recently got a lx7 for xmas(gotta love the girlfriend lol) I've had it out for two fish now and have managed to mark and catch fish but I still don't believe I'm getting proper use out of the system just can't seem to find a good set of settings, I generally fish 15-20 fow and am using 11 sensitivity with 0 target ive also been using mostly manual
Depth settings as for i cant seem to get a solid bottom reading on dynamic or auto, I was just wondering if there is any
Other marcum users that would be willing to share some of there general settings

Thank you in advance and
Tight lines everyone!

Post subject: Re: Marcum lx7 help
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 am 
Jumbo Perch

After using one in my imagination for over a year ...I finally picked up an actual LX7 from Radioworld a few weeks ago... I have used it once on the ice and had some difficulty with the dynamic depth at first ... it was bouncing all over and had a few bottom "interruptions" ... I still was able to enjoy it using auto depth or manual depth. Fishing in about 23' ... sensitivity was around 5and marked/caught a few eyes! As soon as I got home I downloaded the newest firmware for the LX7. Followed the online instructions to download and install (well actually my wife made me follow the instructions to the letter after a few failed attempts on my own :) ) and it installed without issue. They say that this new version will correct difficulties with dynamic depth among other things. I haven't been out since but I am confident that it should correct the problem. My first impressions of the unit ... LOVE IT and can't believe I waited this long! Screen is awesome ... completely adjustable for personal preferences and I finally have an idea of how much bottom I am picking up. Only drawback ... its a bit heavy compared to the old Humminbird but I suppose that's to be expected when you are carrying a flat screen TV on to the ice

This is the link to the firmware and instructions ... best to maintain composure ... and follow the instructions step by step before your wife has to step in and do it

http://marcumtech.com/lx-7-firmware

Hope this helps a bit ... I will follow up after I hit the ice again ... Quinte here we come

Cheers

FFG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:22 am 
Minnow

What color palette are you using ? The 6 color palette is 50% more sensitive than the 3 color setting. I just found this out and will not go back to the 3 color palette. Target adjust : 3-5,Cone angle : 20 ...I tried 8 but 20 gave me more time to see fish swimming in to the bait,Sensitivity : 8-15 ,IR : 2-3 , Depth rang :dynamic

Last edited by slava on Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:28 am 
Walleye Angler

Try the online videos. Just punch in Marcum Lx7 Videos and they will all come up. Some are from the company itself and take you through all the set up and suggest settings, and explore the different modes. Very informative on ice demonstrations.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:59 am 
Walleye Fingerling

use the lowest sensitivity setting possible! if you cant pick up your lure drill another hole for your transducer down stream. Make sure there is no debris on the bottom of the ducer. It should show a solid bottom on a sensitivity of 0 or 1 in that depth.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:43 pm 
Guppy

Appreciate the input guys had it on the bay thisnmorn and managed to ice three when no one could even intice a bite and then.... Like all new electronics it decided to take a dive and just completely stop reading everything even depth is stuck on zero with no readings does anyone know a fix for this my first thing is to update firmware and if this doesn't work I don't know what to do can anyone help?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:13 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Maybe check the transducer connection? Seems as if it is not reading through the ducer? I wonder if you can find a resistance test procedure to ensure the ducer is good?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:55 am 
Minnow

Quinte.gold.hunter wrote:
Appreciate the input guys had it on the bay thisnmorn and managed to ice three when no one could even intice a bite and then.... Like all new electronics it decided to take a dive and just completely stop reading everything even depth is stuck on zero with no readings does anyone know a fix for this my first thing is to update firmware and if this doesn't work I don't know what to do can anyone help?

Hi i'll be in Huffs tomorrow, can help you my cell 647-242-0101

banner ad