Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:52 am 
Walleye Master

Well, again I love my wife, she happened to stop at the post office this morning and my suit had arrived. $60 for shipping and no brokerage fees... Needless to say, I'm a happy man today !!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:55 am 
Walleye Master

The wife picked out the Artic Armour red (floater) suit for Xmas and she loves it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:59 pm 
Walleye Angler

Wife gave me the striker ice floater suit, tried it on and it feels really nice, good lining, pockets well positioned, re-enforced where needed, cannot wait to try it out. 6 ft, 225 lbs size XL is a good fit.
Cheers Rob

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:15 am 
Walleye Angler

Picked up a Helly Hansen Alpha suit from Acklands Grainger and love it. Fortunately for me I am a small guy and my size was on clearance marked down from thier inflated $900 to $240 with free shipping in December (most places sell them for around $400 - $500). Suit is orange and black with chartreuse hood. Suspenders on this model lets you pull off the top part when its hot and it hangs off the back of your waist, I don't even notice it there.

Product page: http://www.helly.ca/EN/products/124-product.cfm

One guys review: http://thescientificfisherman.com/produ ... ival-suit/

Last edited by Comit on Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 am 
Walleye

Anybody out there wearing the new Striker Ice Predator suit? Apparently they've addressed some of the durability issues found with their first generation suits. I've got my eyes on one but would like to hear some reviews...

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:39 pm 
Walleye Master

I've had the Striker Ice Predator suit for a few weeks and love the suit. Well designed with lots of pockets and the legs are big enough to get over my boots,easily. I've fished in -30 windchill without getting cold. I'd recommend the suit.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:57 am 
Walleye

Gone Fish'in wrote:
I've had the Striker Ice Predator suit for a few weeks and love the suit. Well designed with lots of pockets and the legs are big enough to get over my boots,easily. I've fished in -30 windchill without getting cold. I'd recommend the suit.

Thanks Gone Fish'in, I hoof it to my spots and spend a lot of time in the clam so I like the idea of a breathable 2 peice that still offers some flotation. I love my survival suit but damn it gets hot and sweaty!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 pm 
Walleye Master

Husky_Jerk wrote:
Gone Fish'in wrote:

Thanks Gone Fish'in, I hoof it to my spots and spend a lot of time in the clam so I like the idea of a breathable 2 peice that still offers some flotation. I love my survival suit but damn it gets hot and sweaty!

I also "hoof it" for kms sometimes when we are fishing speckies in the ponds. That is the reason I purchased the suit, it floats,ultra-lite weight and really warm. I usually have a base layer with a turtle neck and hoodie. You'll love this suit. The venting on them are incredible, one of the best suits on the market imo, currently. Do it !!! 8)

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:01 pm 
Walleye Master

also, I ordered mine direct from their website in the States, as it's pretty hard to purchase that model through a retailer in Ontario. I was expecting brokerage fees however when it arrived, it was only like $60 , no other hidden costs. Took 2 weeks for it to arrive.

Hope this helps.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:33 am 
Walleye Angler

Got the striker ice 2 piece for x-mas and went out the last week when it was -26 out. Have the Baffin boots which I had put the suit legs over when at home. Pulled into huffs and slid my legs into the bib coveralls and right into the boots, no fuss of trying to do up zippers and snaps, the jacket fits over the lower suit and can be adjusted so it is snug so no wind comes in between the 2pieces. The elbows and knees are reinforced, pockets are well placed and lots of them, even had a cloth patch mounted on each hip to wipe of water and/or blood if any get on you, water in my case for that day :roll: Both pieces have removable liners so I will be using it for the fall fishing. Easily remove the jacket liner when in the tent and as the day warned up to a balmy - 20. I,d give it the full 5/5 at this point
Cheers rob

banner ad
banner ad