banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yet to get a Walter :(
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:25 pm 
Walleye

I have been Ice fishing for quite a few years now (on and off as work interferes alot!) and have done relatively well icing a fair share of fish. But not a beast that I see (and drool over) so often on here. Now Im not looking for a specific spot or gps coordinates but perhaps a couple tips? i generally fish between 12 - 25 FOW. Using a macho minnow, buck shot and snap/jigging rap mainly. Got three out on peats point with the smallest puppet minnow available trying to perch out of frustration lol. But alas.....am still PIGless.....any tips?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:48 pm 
Walleye

Sounds like my story. I've been going to Big Bay, this will be my fourth year straight. Several trips a year from Kingston. Attend the "Battle" also. Still haven't hooked a Walter either. Doh!

Cadeuses

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:50 pm 
Walleye Master

just my opinion don't account for much but I think you are in the right place just the wrong time often around belleville heats up with big girls later in the season until then its a lot of smaller fish don't get me wrong nothing wrong with an 8 pounder if you want to call that small lol but as a rule you don't hear about many 12 pound and above fish being cough there until mid February just before season closes...... head east young man head east there your chances are better to get into a few pigs from point ann all the way to Thompsons point , keep doing what you are doing if your catching fish your time will come fish seem to run in size quite often so if your into smaller fish you have to move to find bigger...... to the less experienced this is hard to leave active feeding fish.... to the experienced they know you have to run and gun sometimes leaving smaller fish to find bigger ones . good luck. Grizz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:15 pm 
Walleye Angler

If you are really interested and want some decent spots for 10+ pound walleye. Send me a PM and ill work with you and send you some spots to hit and what time of day and how weather can effect each spot. I'm stuck in my old ways and very rarely use any other lures other than my top 3. But I went out of my comfort zone you could call it, and tried something new and got my personal best the other day. Still using my light rod and line though haha. I do very well on big bay and both catching numbers and size. Last year I iced a 10 pounder, this year a 12....what will next year bring?!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:02 pm 
Walleye

Pm sent ( i think? lol). Thanks to both you guys! Grizz I follow just about everything you post on here! thank you for all the great unselfish advice! Really nice to see that stuff go down on here. I wish I had more to offer sometimes! And east I shall go! lol