banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:01 am 
Walleye

taking the boy out and need to keep him and the cook happy, i'm thinking perch are the answer. i have a minivan so if anyone can tell me what the parking lot is like at potters or has any suggestions please let me know. from what i read dinks seem to be the norm which will keep 1 out of 2 happy.lol

good fishing everyone.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:08 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

parking is awesome cause well nobody is really going there that i know of...not much to be caught i hear....theres perch at point anne cement plant...last year i got perch not far out george st...im not sure if ive been much help....perch this year are elusive for the most part....id like to find some myself :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:57 am 
Walleye

thanks overkill, i'll let u know if i find any perch with some size.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:37 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Somebuddy nicely plowed out the parking lot at potters.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

ya i saw it was well plowed..whoever did that get a big thanks..i stopped by there last night,i saw 2 huts,i couldnt make out if they were perm or portables,im sure one was a perm cause it seemed to be that one just out from the marina.there was a few atv/sled trails accessing the ice towards the creek cause of the sheets all pushed up.but very little if any prints in snow along the usuall line out.looks dead except for good parking.lol
i did a hunt for perch last night....herchimer and all along to bakalite(i think theres a ridge someware near my holes)..notta..worst of all...no gass auger with that ice..hole after hole after hole...could kill a man i tells ya!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:22 pm 
Walleye

overk1ll and Sash, you could try George st ramp- walk out just past the Jan Forrester park and try 50ft from along the front rock wall that encloses the marina. No jumbos there but a lot of dinky ones. They seem to go for small spoons and worm.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:31 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

lol..not really much time for fishing in the near future..work keeps me busy for one thing but i have a new daughter thats 'due' feb 10 so i have to be mindfull ,i wouldnt want to be on the ice when the time comes and we dont think shes gonna wait till feb1st let alone 10th.no walleye is worth missing that.lol

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:01 am 
Walleye Angler

0VRK1LL wrote:
lol..not really much time for fishing in the near future..work keeps me busy for one thing but i have a new daughter thats 'due' feb 10 so i have to be mindfull ,i wouldnt want to be on the ice when the time comes and we dont think shes gonna wait till feb1st let alone 10th.no walleye is worth missing that.lol

...but if your on top of a school of walleye ? You could send someone in with a video live feed to view from the ice shanty lol

banner ad