Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 11:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:14 am 
Perch

If I get the naviontics chip for my phone and I live in the States... Does anyone know if I would get a huge charge because of out of country data usage? Thanks, Steve

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:32 am 
Walleye

Thanks Scott! Batman I noticed it said not available in Canada too, I wanted to download it few months back, guess now I will be :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:11 am 
Walleye Fry

Does anyone know if this option will be available for android devices in the near future?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:29 am 
Walleye Master

The app?

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:45 am 
Walleye

What option? The subscription is awsome way more detail

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:58 am 
Walleye Master

NYSptsman wrote:
If I get the naviontics chip for my phone and I live in the States... Does anyone know if I would get a huge charge because of out of country data usage? Thanks, Steve

As long as you download the maps either in the states or while on wifi you are fine. The navigation in the app uses your GPS receiver built into the phone. I always make sure I have data roaming off to avoid data charges. Go into settings then cellular and turn off data roaming.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:50 pm 
Walleye

I have had this app for a few months now and it is worth the 15.00 use it on rice lake and it's great

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:09 pm 
Walleye

Thanks to Scott for taking the time to give all that info. I was on the fence about this app for a few months now but I downloaded it tonight and have been kicking myself for the past 2 hours for not getting it sooner. Absolutely worth $15. It's going to save my auger blades lots of wear from aimlessly trying to find certain depths! Good detail for BOQ, Simcoe, and Nipissing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am 
Walleye Fry

I have the app for android but i don't have the subscription for the better maps. Does anyone have the subscription for android? If so how did you get it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:46 am 
Walleye Angler

hookingeyes wrote:
I have the app for android but i don't have the subscription for the better maps. Does anyone have the subscription for android? If so how did you get it?

No you cannot get it for Android, also there are a few menu options that you can use to tweak the maps and depths on the iPhone that are missing on Android... for some reason they are way behind on the Android version which is odd since there are so many more Android users then there are Apple users. Android users make up -/+75% of the market and apple users are -/+ 20%. I saw a post back from May on their Facebook page saying it will be up to par with the Apple version soon but this has still not happened and no indication when it will: "Advance Map Option for the Android is on our roadmap for development but the timeline is currently unknown. Please continue to follow us on FB for product release announcements.

Maybe if enough people start sending in request for the android app to be up to par with the Apple version by email and through Facebook they will get a move on it.

Just received a reply from Navionics on my Google Play rating. Same answer, no ETA, just soon.

Last edited by Comit on Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:06 am 
Walleye Angler

Any chance someone can PM me a few screen shots from the area Scott posted down to just past the Sherman's point boat launch and also one of the Huffs access point area? Yesterday I tried to upgrade to the + version and it is not available on the Android version as you can read in my last post.... Navionics "say" they are working on adding the + feature for Android users but in the mean time I could print off a few pages to match and compare them to what is on my screen. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edit: here are the instructions for those who do not know how:
http://www.imore.com/how-to-take-a-scre ... the-iphone
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-With-an-iPad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:46 pm 
Guppy

Hi Scott, thanks for all your info it really helped(along with those that took time out their day to reply also).
Only issue I have is I cant seem to find out how to get the contour lines you have as mine are very limited in depth range off Shermans Point.
I have the upgrade and I-phone 5 any help would be great thanks!

West Lake Willows wrote:
There are a few in app upgrades that are well worth it.

Go into "menu" then "upgrades and apps"

The Navionics + upgrade is amazing. Here is a screen grab with it on if Sherman's pt.

I also love the shallow water shading.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:47 pm 
Walleye Angler

I think you need to hit the downscan button on bottom left side of the screen above the navigation arrow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLoK0QfqBKA

And then edit the depth contours in the map options that is shown on the screen shot in the fifth posts in this thread (posters name is Jeff_C).

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:06 pm 
Guppy

Thanks comet that worked!!!
wow that is amazing, indeed money well spent.
good luck to all those willing to brave the next few days fishing 8O
quote="Comit"]Any chance someone can PM me a few screen shots from the area Scott posted down to just past the Sherman's point boat launch and also one of the Huffs access point area? Yesterday I tried to upgrade to the + version and it is not available on the Android version as you can read in my last post.... Navionics "say" they are working on adding the + feature for Android users but in the mean time I could print off a few pages to match and compare them to what is on my screen. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edit: here are the instructions for those who do not know how:
http://www.imore.com/how-to-take-a-scre ... the-iphone
http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screenshot-With-an-iPad[/quote]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:41 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Comit wrote:

Not sure exactly but the GPS eats up the battery quickly. On my android it only last a few hours. You can buy an external battery to charge it.

Edit: Costco has one as well 8000mAh $39.00 saw them here in Kingston today. Best bang for your buck...

Thanks for this great information, just picked one up. great looking unit too

cheers

banner ad