Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:45 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:25 am 
Guppy

Have been following this board for a while and wanted to intro myself i have been in Ontario for 6 years now and have been looking at going to the BOQ
for a few years. I am now doing it on Feb 8th just wanted to know if anyone could point me in the right direction i want to drive there from Ottawa and hit some good ice and not have to walk a mile and have a shot at my pb walleye i know the conditions are pretty shaky in some spots so that why i'm here asking you guys who have some knowledge. I was thinking of possibly trying huffs,wager,or hay bay as its closer to home for me help help help time is coming quickly.
I will not be getting a guide as i have all my own equipment just want some tips... not your honey hole i will search and find my own if you want to you can pm me

Thanks in advance and i will let you guys know how i made out and post some pics if there are any worthy of taking .....DAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:17 pm 
Walleye Master

If you are walking, I'm sure any of the 3 places you mentioned would be fine as far as ice thickness goes, BUT...if you are unsure, always check for yourself. Walking distance....Wagers Farm (Big Bay) is a huge area. You could walk forever out there. I personally have not had much luck out there over the last few years, but lots of people have, so definitely worth a shot. Huffs is a nice easy walk (distance) Potters, Aikens RD, Point Anne are all walkable. A PB Walleye is possible anywhere I guess (depending on what your PB is now) I will be fishing Hay Bay on the Hardwater for the first time this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some info to pass along when I get back.
Keep reading the posts on here, and lots of your questions should get answered.

Good Luck.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:45 pm 
Walleye Catcher

If u are looking for a nice easy place to walk and the chances to smash a biggins then yea huffs is a nice easy place to get to and walk out. And a lot of pb fish are taken out of that area. Just call the local bait shop thats right there in the area. The Dew Drop In. 613-354-0008. They will give you the information at the time when u are coming down

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:04 pm 
Walleye

As mentioned Huffs can be a good spot that spits out some real dandies. You can walk any which way and run into some good fish and it sometimes helps to bust away from the crowd. Sherman's Pt boat launch at the end of Bayview Dr (Hay Bay) is also a good starting point and you don't have to trek too far to catch fish plus you may hit some juicy jumbos along the way. Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:46 pm 
Guppy

Hey Guys thanks a million for the info glad we have some good people still that are willing to share some knowledge
I am pumped to come to the BOQ for the first time.... im gonna fish hard big time will post my findings.

Again thanks to all who replied so much appreciated,,,,,DAN :mrgreen:

And jeesh!! 4 posts and i'm still a goby !! (garbage fish) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:03 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Shinnerminnow... pm me just before you come down and I'll try and put you on some fish..
Tim