banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scugog
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:57 pm 
Walleye

Anybody been out there lately???? I haven't fished it in years!!!! I have only fished at goreski's. wanting to get into some crappies but don't know where to start out there. How much ice is out there and is there to much snow for a atv. Thanks for the help.

Post subject: Re: Scugog
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:13 pm 
Walleye Fry

I was out on Scugog last Sunday. Lots of snow and some deep drifts, lots of trails out there so if you don't jump off any Beaten path you should be okay in a ATV, Lots of Ice 16" to 20" depending where you are. Fished out in front of Gorskie's the Crappies were biting like crazy very aggressive little basterds I was getting them on small Swedish pimples with medium size minnows, and when the bite slowed down I would aggressively jig a clacking Rap and it seemed to draw them in and hit that big bait. See a couple of good size eyes come out of Scugog this year too. Good luck out there be safe.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm 
Goby

Went out on Scugog two weeks ago with Chris from scugogiceadventures.com . We had a great day, brought home 28 crappie all over 9". Almost all were caught on pink glow jigs with small to medium sized minnows. All were caught after 5 p.m.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:12 pm 
Walleye Master

Was out a couple weeks ago at Goreskis. We set up in 15 FOW and dropped the camera down and there was quite a few Muskies swimming around. I couldn't believe the size of the marks on my flasher...lol Can't give you any advice on Crappies, but I would say stay out of the deeper water. Ice was 16 inches then.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:48 pm 
Minnow

There is lots of Ice everywhere. People were driving trucks. I was out yesterday off goreskis. I find scugog crappies bite at first light or at dusk. Had some luck with green perch buckshot tipped with small pinheads and minnow on small black and silver panfish jig. Was in 9 FOW