Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

So, the wife has given me permission to fish my butt off for all three days if I want to (that may have been a mistake, as she likely won't find me at home!) So, I am comtemplating trying Bain Park, Wager's or Huff's. Been out a couple of times already and got skunked and hoping to change that luch around! Any advice- hearing all three are pretty good- it's just a matter of persistence!! I will be driving in from Peterborough and always up for making new friends on the ice (anyone else heading that way that weekend?). Just look for the orange ice hut- can't miss it so feel free to stop by and say hi. :D

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

Bain park has been producing some nice fish this year! Hoping to get that trail punched out by mid week again!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:53 pm 
Goby

I am in the same situation except that my weekend is the 22-23. Good luck and hopefully the walleye gods will co-operate.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:31 pm 
Baitfish

I will be coming up that weekend too, but i have no idea where i want to fish first until the day gets closer. I'm staying in Trenton with a buddy of mine and im thinking of working Big Bay all weekend because its the only place i feel comfortable with driving on with my small truck. Cheers Swiftdear and good luck out there.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Always kind of you fishinmagician. Never tried Bain before so not sure where to set up hut wise- but suspect look for others and go there! :D
Many posts suggest Bain is a good area, so why not give it a shot as its on my way anyway! Fingers crossed. So keep an eye out for the orange hut.

Will also probably head out the following weekend too- have some OT to use up at work so probably another three day weekend!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:46 pm 
Walleye Angler

I just got in from Bain. Had to get my huts out of the holes they were in. Almost 6" of water around them. I must stress, that when your fishing out there please do not drill holes 2' off anyone's huts. It was Swiss cheese out there around mine tonight and it all flooded. Anyways they are moved and was talking to some buddies and the fishing is still good. I drove my truck out and back no problem. About 20" of ice now I figure. You might have a problem getting around with a small truck on big bay "bones". If check into that before you try it.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

I am all about the walking out, not sure my insurance would ever cover the cost of a full car bath! I enjoy the excerice and certainly need it working a desk job five days a week! I'd never drill or set up that close to someone else, its just not right. Like some space, but good advice for others reading this! Well with luck, maybe I will run into some good folks next weekend. Working the sportsmen show this weekend. Have fun fishing everyone.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:18 pm 
Walleye Angler

I also have a hut out at Bain (hopefully alright) and should be down there during your weekend away, feel free to stop by. It's the 1 east of the red buoy, closest to the buoy.

I will recognise your orange hut if I see it there, Saw it down at Wagers a few weeks back.

Fishinmagician you're still the man.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:45 am 
Walleye

robbie that might tell you something if your huts frozen in .. yes we all like to catch fish but with the info you have been giving out this year im not to surprised that people would be sitting right on your hut if not using it as a back rest. and i bet it was a city there this weekend and for the rest of the year

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:58 am 
Walleye Angler

The way I see it, is there's plenty of room and fish to go around. If I can help a few fellow fishermen get a few walleye or get rid of the skunk, then I'm ok with that.
I only wish that some of the others on here weren't so tight lipped about their success in fear of having a village near their hut.
It's a great way to meet and help out my fellow fishermen.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:21 am 
Walleye Angler

I agree completely! And that's why I am going to try out Bain that weekend. I grew up fishing the area, mostly Adolphus reach as the family cottage is there, used to catch walleye in the summer time, but never really ventured out to the upper bay, let alone in winter- been out a few times and caught nodda, so hoping to break that streak, and as Fishinmagician said, its great to share the advice and meet some new people! Hitting up the sportsmen show this week (well working it) and hoping maybe I can find that miracle catch all bait!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:21 am 
Walleye

:):). Bain is good and easy to access.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey I don't mind company! Just don't drill holes 2' from my huts haha. It makes for a big mess! Plus I have lots of spots to fish, if everyone wants to crowd around a spot then I go to the next one. It keeps me on my toes. I think it works out better for me in the long run. It keeps me moving around instead of getting too focused on one spot. I wanted to fish the red can off trident point on Jan. 10 and showed up and there was a small village out there. So I pulled out my GPS and found another spot near by that would produce the same that nite. And what do ya know, I pull a 12 through! Bain has definitely been consistent this year though.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

I am always on the hunt for new places to try fishing. This winter, well at least during the season I am focused on the eyes...and who knows once the season for them are over. Summer I am usually found in my kayak fishing back bays for bass, and walleye, amongst other things, so I certainly do appreciate the advice. I could only imagine what that many holes must do, and having a portable hut, I don't really want to be sitting in water!!! :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:12 am 
Minnow

How much snow is on the bay. Is it tough walking out of Bain?

banner ad
banner ad