Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Heading to simcoe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:30 pm 
Walleye

Hey guys heading to simcoe next weekend. Anyone been up there? What lures are good? Any advice is good advice. Thanks

Post subject: Re: Heading to simcoe
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:35 pm 
Guppy

what are you fishing for?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:49 pm 
Walleye

Lakers

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:50 pm 
Walleye

Whitefish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:45 pm 
Baitfish

thats my backyard, kemp bay for lakers and whities as well as main lake side from bbp (big bay point) or willow beach for whities and lakers but more off a walk, big bay point is my go to, best lures for me are, swammers in silver, clacking raps, lipless cranks, williams spoons, sometimes they will even hit a jigging rap, when you see fish near your lure, reel up as fast as you can and get ready to set the hook. For whities, my go to is bad boys and lakers will hit it too, tip it with a small tube and a small shiner and rub it against bottom, causing lots of dirt to attract fish. Micro jigs are also very good and spreaders (3 way) are very affective for simcoe whities, its better closer to bbp (main lake side) for whities, and bayside for lakers, also watch out for the herring, tons around but you can't keep them, also always leave a 2nd set line in the other hole with a spreader for whities, very affective for the buggers right now.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 pm 
Walleye

Awsome guys keep it coming

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:05 pm 
Guppy

If you can find one, a W7 jigging rap in rainbow trout finish, tie direct to line, lure will turn if you stop jigging, stop for a while and do a slight twitch ,this sometimes triggers a strike. Braid, floro leader, this all for Lakers, Whities spreader ( I prefer custom 2 way) and high hook foot or two off bottom.
Stay away from crowds and try these links for technique lures etc but be warned there are nearly as many fisherman and skidoos as fish on Simcoe lol

http://www.lakesimcoeoutdoors.com/forums/?
OR
showforum=1http://www.lakesimcoemessageboard.com/index.php?topic=1583.0

all else fails a minnow and a small sharp hook with a couple small split shot sometimes is the ticket as these fish have seen it all.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:16 pm 
Walleye Angler

Headed back from simcoe now. Pretty slow right now. Caught some nice fish though. Was talking to MNR for a bit today and said the bite has been really slow this past week. Hopefully it picks up a bit. I'd like to head back up towards the end of the season. Was using white tube jigs and white jig heads with plastics on them with paddle tails. Put a spreader on my tip ups and sent them down to the depths with 2 high hooks above them. When ya see them on the flasher, get ta reelin!! They love that chase. I'd jig at about 80' fishing in 97' of water and then reel up to about 40' to see if there were any lookers. Fished the 35' hump straight out from 7th line. Find 97' of water and shoul manage your limit!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:20 pm 
Guppy

Dead stick a white or goby coloured tube 30-40 ft off bottom on a 2nd rod. When you see a mark coming up quick start reeling, they hit like a freight train.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:37 pm 
Minnow

been a really slow season, a lot of people going home skunked and the lucky ones with 1 or 2 lakers. a big upset compared to last seasons 10 fish days. they aren't commiting to the bait as much and some days you don't mark as many but allways fun to get out and see a laker chase your bait!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:27 pm 
Walleye

On our way home now. Wife bagged a 20 and 14 pound laker 1 on a dead stick one on a white tube on a fast retrieve when she marked it. Cousin got a 5 lb whitefish. Awsome firstime there can't wait to go again! I got skunked but was more than happy. Wit fish was kept both trout were released.