Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:52 pm 
Walleye Master

Hey guys. I have posted a few screen grabs of Quinte on the Navionics app showing the "sonar charts" layer turned on when the "Navionics +" in app purchase has been made.

In a different thread someone asked how accurate the information is. The "Sonar Charts" layer is from recordings gathered from Prostaff and other sources. As of this year it can also now be generated by anyone who uploads sonar logs to Navionics.com. If you have a humminbird or Raymarine you can record your sonar logs, upload to Navionics and within 24-72 hours Navionics generates map data with it. If you have the app you automatically get this data when you turn on the "sonar charts" layer by hitting the little icon in the bottom left corner (assuming you have purchased the Navionics + in app upgrade). You can also get this data using "freshest data" on your navionics chip by going to Navionics.com and updating your chip (assuming its update able). So as time progresses this information will be the most progressive and accurate charts out there.

Here are a few examples of what it will look like.

Hay bay looks like this on the Navionics app without the "Navionics +" upgrade

Scott

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:35 pm 
Walleye Angler

You find it was worth the upgrade. Just by looking at the before and after of hay bay it seems like a good purchase/upgrade. How does it look down towards Belleville and Trenton?

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:19 pm 
Walleye Master

The picture I posted above is not hay bay. I did post some early pictures if hay bay in a different thread.

In that thread a few people asked the same question. The unanimous answer is yes it is worth the upgrade.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:22 pm 
Walleye Master

I te read my post. I see how it was confusing. I should have typed "hay bay ALSO looks like this without the Navionics+ upgrade"

Here is Anderson shoal without the upgrade.

Here it is with the upgrade.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:57 am 
Walleye Angler

I can condense this post easily . Think of it as buying 2 new lures. It's $14.99 . If you have a phone that has navionics and chances are your s fisherman if your reading this, It's a no brainer lol

banner ad
banner ad