Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Re: Green Point
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:59 pm 
Baitfish

Ya, I guess there is no easy walk out there but if you have a quad or sled its no problem.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:17 pm 
Walleye

Roger that....thanks LandShark

Wes

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 am 
Goby

Bin a reader of this site for several years and thought it was time to register, just want to clarify some issues on Quick Short Rd. The owner on north side of road has wanted to take over the turn around area since he moved here in the early 2000's, it is not on his property survey so I'm sure he doesn't pay taxes for it, but yet he claims he owns it. This area was put there by the County in the mid '80's for easier water access for fisherman and whoever wants to put their boat, etc in. It's been an ongoing battle since 2003 trying to get the Cty to make him unblock the road allowance and turn around area, the Cty instead put up 'no parking' signs. The owner moved here from Hamilton and has never worked in the Cty.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm 
Walleye Master

that's very close to the story I got from the guy who works for the county parks department seems no one knows for sure and no one will stand firm one way or the other if you notice its even been taken off the county maps as a public boat launch I was told he is somehow connected with one of the officers of the county and had or seems to have a little pull hence the signs posted some official and some are not this is why I said ill park there anytime I feel like it as long as I know I wont be blocking the snow plow. and if I got a ticket id fight it for sure in any means needed ive done it before with a ticket I go at peats point lol when I put pressure on the parks guy he would not comment any further and told me its something that needs (OR SHOULD) be brought up at city council meetings ... United we stand, divided we fall

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:32 pm 
Walleye Master

If ya don't stand for something, you will fall for anything, Sounds fishy

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:36 am 
Goby

The owner is famous for telling 'stories'. I was told by the Cty Bylaw Officer the reason for them posting No Parking signs was to enable emergency vehicles to access properties and water access, if necessary...I've never seen or heard of a Cty putting their signs on privately owned property.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:20 am 
Walleye Master

I agree Ollie....... sure sounds fishy that's just why id fight any tickets handed out I think a lot goes back to the days when it was heavly used by fishermen and don't help when they leave garbage all over and hoop and holler in the wee hours of the day or night basically disturbing the locals to the point they are constantly b!tching and complaining to authorities to the point the authorities acted by putting up no parking signs more to deter the nonsense... this is part of the problem and why there is such a lack of ice access around the bay I fear it will get worse before it gets better.
Way I see it is they knew it was public when they bought the property why does the authorities bend over backwards after the fact my guess is people sitting on councils are not fishermen they would never use this property to begin with so they just don't care.
Parking road side and impeding plow trucks from doing there duties is defiantly a huge factor and should not be taken lightly by anyone If you read the county bi laws it is pretty much illegal to park on any road weather its marked no parking or not but usually they don't care unless its under a snow emergency situation. you are safest when there is bare roads and no need to plow . unfortunately people just don't use there heads and do some pretty stupid stuff out there that really makes a person wonder.
A couple weeks back I was driving down GP road and there was a guy facing south in the north bound lane unloading sleds from his trailer it was dark his head lights were on high beam there was a guy larked across so the lane was pinched off to one lane of traffic on a 2 lane road. If I was a cop I would have stopped and given the guy with a trailer a ticket for unsafe stopping, a ticket for improper lane use. and a ticket for failure to dim lights to oncoming traffic. apparently this guy didn't give a flyin flip about anyone else but his self and it all could have been avoided, he just didn't care. not much different than a guy tossing out a bag of garbage in a parking area.
Going back to the original post is it any wonder why people would get pissed at a knock on the door by a guy asking to use there driveway to park and walk across there land to get onto the ice once the word is out it turns into 20 cars blocking the guys driveway he has to plow so he can get to work comes home to find snow banks knocked down trash all over the place lights shining in his windows before light atv's and snow machines revving there engines guys yelling over the noise good private access is getting harder to gain every day once you find it you sure as hell want to protect it at any cost.

banner ad
banner ad