banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:44 pm 
Goby

Hey guys.

I have been following the conversations, and from what I can tell buckshots (gold preferably) and rippin/clackin raps are the way to go this year.

Unfortunately, I live in Toronto, and my one and only chance to get out with my dad and brother for the year will be Monday (great to see the forecast this morning for 10cm). Search as I might out here, I have not been able to find any of the above lures.

I was wondering if anyone can give me some help locating a store that is currently selling Buckshots or rippin or clackin raps (besides Bass Pro, as it is a little far to travel). I would order online, but unfortunately there are only a couple days left, and so I would not receive my order in time.

Any other suggestions to help us hook into some eyes would be appreciated as well, but just what has been posted so far has me chomping at the bit already. We will likely be going out from the mouth of the Trent, as my dad is not able to walk very well.

Thanks for any help in advance, and good luck to everyone for the last few weeks of fishing bliss!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

Pro tackle carries a wide selection of buckshots or anything else you need.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:14 pm 
Walleye Angler

You can also try JB'S Fishing Depot depending where in TO you are. They seem to have a great assortment of lures and such.
Address: 24 Ronson Dr, Etobicoke, ON M9W 1B4
Phone:(416) 614-7222

Cheers.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:37 pm 
Guppy

Growing up in Toronto my go to for lures was always lebarons there's one in missasuga and one in markam just below hwy7 a bit closer to east end then bass pro, gagon sports is also on side of 401 in Oshawa on the way they have a pretty good slection also, and like others said there's a few locals around boq that also carry em

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:48 pm 
Walleye Angler

Buckshots............Sail in Oshawa had them last time I was there, also carried by Canadian Tire.....you might want to phone ahead and inquire under the brand name Northland Fishing Tackle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:26 pm 
Goby

Thanks for the help guys.

I do not see the buckshots on Pro Tackle's site, I will need to check there in person or call I guess.

JB's has them all, but has unfortunately decided to pack them all up and take them down to the fishing and boating show for the weekend (with the $15 ticket price, that would be stretching my budget considering my student loans are due).

Le Barons seems like a good choice, they have buckshots and rippin raps. I will try to check them out tomorrow evening.

If all else fails, I will attempt to get into Sail on my way through Sunday afternoon and the Canadian tire/walmart in trenton.

Thanks again guys! I am just looking to have the best chance of icing some fish for us since it will be a one day event.

I will let try to update with some identifying feature we will have (besides black toboggan and blue auger) if anyone wants to come by and say hi, since we wont be one of you fancy lot in a hut.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:25 pm 
Walleye

Canadian Tire in belleville . I am sure they will have them. The fishing and hunting area there is out of this world compared to any other one i'v seen...Simon...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:29 pm 
Walleye Master

As mentioned above, Sail and Gagnons in Oshawa should both be able to hook you up. They are both off the 401, and only about 3 minutes apart on the road, so I'd try both.

Good Luck!!!