Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Fri Oct 04, 2024 2:19 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:20 pm 
Guppy

last week I posted a question regarding a location I wasn't sure about.Not long after a few guys replied giving me the A1 info I was looking for.I travelled from Hamilton this past Saturday to my location of choice,Massassauga point.It was 545 am when I arrived and couldn't see anything out on the ice, so after meeting couple nice guys in the parking lot who invited me too set up near them right out front in 20fow, I did.Didnt catch or mark anything so when the sun started coming up I could see the spot I was wanting too fish which was by the green can,(Justin and his buddy) did not want to make the trek over to the can so off I went. Set up about 20 yards west of the can and at around 9am got my first bite and landed a 4lb walleye,caught only perch after that and kept 3 little fatties it was around 5ish and should probably pack it in when I thought what was I doing when my first fish hit and started to jiggle my lure just inches off bottom and was rewarded with a 3lb walleye,all fish were caught on a 3/8 ounce silver/flouresant buckshot with a single med minnow hanging horizontal to the lure,even the perch were hitting that.ice was good little soft on top but 12 inches of good ice below that, the walking wasn't to bad if you stick to the path made by others.Anyway this was my last kick at Quinte this season and wanted to say thankyou firstly to the guys that responded to my initial post and secondly to all members for posting and answering all kinds of info for us non locals to sift through, great job everyone see you next winter please stay safe during these last few weeks out there n good luck catching.....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hey Timster, happy to hear you had some success!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:29 pm 
Walleye Angler

Right on!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:27 pm 
Guppy

ya did alright thanks again gents

banner ad