Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 6:20 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:04 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Took a drive out the country to see if yesterdays rain had done anything - all is good and lots of snow.

Drive out towards Sherman's and saw lots of fishers in shacks and standing with their backs to the WIND......

Drove down to Huffs and saw the parking lot being used and a bunch of cars parked at an angle with no blockage of the road. Many Clams out there and fishers all over the place.

Yesterdays rain seemed to have eaten the snow on the ice as I could see lots of icy patches mixed with pools of water on top.

Lots of luck to those out there braving the Howling Winds.

David aka Superdad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:51 pm 
Minnow

We need it (luck....)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:48 am 
Goby

Headed out to Huff's yesterday for a morning fish, slush and water on ice had started to freeze but was still breaking through with every step (about 6 inches deep). With cleats, it was still easier than trudging through all the snow we had! According to the forecast for the week, this should all freeze solid and make for easy ice travel. Pulled up one nice 5lb 'eye around 730 and nothing more until we left around noon. Had some pretty good laughs watching other unlucky anglers chase after just about anything that wasn't firmly anchored down! Had to drill the legs of my chair into the ice a few inches to keep from blowing down the ice. Despite the challenges - Good day out.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:39 pm 
Walleye Fry

yes with the colder temps this week it will freeze over and make for good travels, and hopefully the eyes turn on

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:00 pm 
Perch

Thanks for the reports guys. Any idea if they are getting fish at the church? I am going out in the morning for the last time this season( sad but true). Still trying to decide where I should go I am on foot so huffs is always appealing. But I haven't had a lot of success there. If things freeze up it opens up a couple more options for me. Just curious if the church has been producing anything?

Thanks for any info you can spare.
Terry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:41 am 
Walleye

Three of us out off the Sherman's ramp on Sunday. Took are atv's. Bikes were breaking through the top 2-3 inch crust but we were able to make our way through without getting stuck. Three of us caught about 1/2 dozen perch and 1 3lb walleye. Talked to few others many of whom came back empty handed.