Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:59 am 
Goby

I new to this forum but have been reading and following the stories all winter. I was impressed with how for the most part everyone seems friendly and more than willing to help out each other and even new comers. I finally got a chance to get out on the bay this Saturday but my trip was cut short thanks to a “so called” friendly angler. It all started when my buddy with our transportation (snowmobile) canceled on me. I had already driven the two hours to Point Anne so I was not going to waste my one and only chance on some Quinte Gold. So, I just started walking out towards Trident Point. It is 7km out but I figured I have all day and would try out fishing half way. After 1 ½ of walking pulling my hut, I came across and red Honda quad that was stuck in the slush. I thought, well with this wind I will never get this hut up (no anchors) so I figured I would tie my hut to this quad and fish right there. I got my hut rigged up so it was only partially open just enough to block the wind. I was in 15 FOW, I was hoping to get deeper, but thought I would try there. Long story short, only got a few perch, until the owners of the quad came back from fishing out a little deeper. They wouldn’t even talk to me and then the owner just untied my hut as I was packing up without saying a word. My hut flew open hitting me in the head, breaking my two rods (that where hanging over the edge, and dumping my flasher in the water. I put my all my things back together and even helped push them out of slush. Then they just turned around and took off without saying a word. Moral of the story, never use an abandon quad as a hut anchor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:04 am 
Walleye

that's brutal, and just as there are many amazing people in this world, it's also full of a$$holes - hate hearing shyt like this

hang in there and good luck fishing!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:13 am 
Walleye Angler

Next year you get a hold of me and I'll take ya out on big bay. This is ridiculous! What a way to spoil your first time. I hope these people read this and feel ashamed. You are a waste of skin, no good for nothing, poor excuse of a human being.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:29 am 
Baitfish

not cool on either side in my opinion you don't use someone else's stuff without asking especially when you don't know the person you wouldn't just walk out to fish with nothing to cut a hole and grab the first guys auger you come to without asking would you ? chances are if you ask most fisherman will share just about everything but the truth !

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:19 am 
Walleye Master

Not sure if I agree....I think moral of the story should be... don't touch other peoples stuff without asking, or don't go out in high winds without any anchors!!! Although I'm sure you did no harm to their quad, it's the principal I guess.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:23 am 
Walleye

Yeah a lot of jerks out there that ruin it for the nice people around here. Had someone hook on to my buddies parked truck while we were fishing and drag it around the parking lot

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:43 am 
Walleye Angler

I'm not taking sides , but I think you'll see plenty of stories on here about having a bit of "personal space" and " respect of property". Even though your intent was pure in using his vehicle as an anchor , he doesn't know that initially.
You have to look at it from his perspective: poor guy has bigger problems than a windy day for a fisherman that didn't come prepared with anchors so Ill use this poor guys property as an anchor meanwhile God knows what he tied too, was he messing with it while I was away, did he tie it in such a way that I'm going to have paint worn off because of the way he tied it to my property.

At least he didn't chew you out like some would have depending on how easy going they are.

Don't take this as me taking sides, it's more like there's 2 different perspectives based on information given.

Lesson learned:Bring some anchors next time and you won't have to wonder what the perspective of the next angler is.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:22 pm 
Walleye Angler

I forgot to add: genuinely sorry to hear of your equipment getting damaged

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:52 pm 
Walleye Master

Shanafrost wrote:
Yeah a lot of jerks out there that ruin it for the nice people around here. Had someone hook on to my buddies parked truck while we were fishing and drag it around the parking lot

That seems strange....can't see why anybody would do that for a joke. Are you sure there wasn't a reason for it??

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:55 pm 
Walleye

Yeah thought for some reason the truck was blocking their huts but still don't hook on and move *** when those same huts sat down there for at least three days after.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 pm 
Goby

Maybe they were going to use the truck as a hut anchor!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:10 pm 
Walleye

Lol maybe. Good thing it wadnt my truck

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:16 pm 
Walleye

This was in a parking lot not on the ice

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:22 pm 
Walleye Master

The huts were in the parking lot?? Now that's strange.....

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:23 pm 
Walleye

Yeah I am pretty annoyed with love to go public with this *** but I better not

banner ad
banner ad