Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 09, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Little Florida Report
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 am 
Jumbo Perch

Flew into Tampa early Sat morning, got the rental van and off to Anna Maria island where we have a house right on the canals. As soon as we got situated the guys made a quick trip to the bait and tackle store to talk to the locals and find out what we needed to get us fishing. 100$ later (3 rod and reel combos, hooks, sinkers, line and 3 doz live shrimp (at 3$/doz (not 6$/doz)) we were on our back deck with lines in the water. Well after a day and a half we have managed some flounder, jacks, catfish, pinfish (which are like perch for stealing your bait) and grey snapper. We have already madenit back to the bait store for more shrimp and another rod and reel as my brother inlaw had his pulled into the water as he was checking the grab trap...........lol. Tomorrow we have a charter booked in Tampa and are going for reds, trout, pompano first then going deeper for cobia, shark, tarpon or whatever else bites the hook, can't frigging wait. Good luck to all you guys hitting the hard water for this final week, hope the eyes really turn on for yas. Take care

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Fishing over on the Atlantic coast has been inconsistant this year. I/we have been fishing the intracoastal out of Port.St. Lucie and Fort Pierce and have caught a few Jacks, Pompano, Ladyfish and Blues. Two weeks ago, Spanish mackeral and Snapper were on fire. No Snook (the walskie of Florida). The water temp has also been all over the place making the bait fish scatter. I really don't care if I catch anything, I'd rather be here than up north freezing and shoveling. 83 degrees right now. Tough to take.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:24 am 
Site Admin

I'm very envious guys as I sit here contemplating the last day of ice fishing with no trip south planned for march break. Enjoy

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm 
Walleye

Hope ya get sunburns!!!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:31 pm 
Jumbo Perch

The sunburns happened yesterday as we had a great time at the beach with the kids. This morning was our charter trip with Shallow Point Charters. We had a great morning as we probably caught 60 fish of all different sorts. Lady fish were on fire as we're the Spanish mackerel and jacks. Ended up with some flounder, pompano, trout and mangrove snapper and should have a good feast tonight. We saw some HUGE redfish and snapper but they were not in the eating mood (like the walleye). Definitely something different and would do it again in a heartbeat. Time to go pour a rum, sit by the pool.......... Or cast a line off the deck.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:19 pm 
Perch

Snarfy and I are on an 8am flight tomorrow morning to Naples.(Great wives!!)
Skins and swamp buggy races races on the agenda.

We managed 2 trips to Quinte this winter. 10 fish all under 5lbs. No
Lunkers.

Wishing all of you a great closer!!

banner ad
banner ad