banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: This was odd .. !!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:32 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well the kids and I hit Wellers Bay this aft , no fishing story's but we did a very unusual encounter with a merganser. After we got set up in the blinding wind snow storm , my son looks out the window of the clam and says I just saw a bird land outside the hut. I thought well maybe a seagull or crow or something like that. So I take a look and I see it is a duck about 15 yards away. I open the door a poke the phone out the door for a pic , and it is all huddled up and facing the wind. I get out and get to like 10 feet of it for some more pics and decide not to bother it anymore and leave it alone . Every now and then he would look around and then after about a half hour or so we look out and he was gone . Kinda strange we thought.
So no fish tonight and only one good mark that only played for about 5 seconds and that was it . But not a total loss we brought Moose stew I made earlier in the day and heated that up for dinner with some bread. Hit the spot on such a cold miserable day.

Last edited by catcher on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: This was odd .. !!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:37 pm 
Walleye Master

That is pretty neat, I enjoyed some moose chili last night that Grizz brought to camp. Very tasty indeed. Nice to see the kid out there

Post subject: Re: This was odd .. !!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 pm 
Walleye Master

Looks like you guys had a great trip out there. What better way to beat the cold than enjoy moose stew with your boys in a fishing hut.

That is odd with the meganser like that being out on the ice. Other waterfowl and swans are having a hard time as well. They had an article in the Kingston paper about this and how they are bringing them in to a rescue house. No open water on the big lake is giving them a hard time. That's why the Trent river below all the dams are full of divers this year, it's the only open water around for miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:39 pm 
Walleye

Maybe he learned that people leave minnows on the ice ? Ive seen bald eagles on the bay pickin up left over minnows !!

banner ad