Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Deep cycle battery
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:02 pm 
Perch

Does anybody know where someone could buy optima batteries near kingston? Or something similar, I'm looking for an above average trolling motor battery.

Post subject: Re: Deep cycle battery
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:01 pm 
Walleye Catcher

There is an optima battery dealer across the street from Candian tire on Gardiners road. It is a performance store (car/truck), I picked up a pair of Blue Top D31M's from them. no problems whatsoever with these in 3 years... or my yellow top.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:50 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Go to Magnacharge batteries at 660 Justis dr and get a Trojan battery. Lots to choose from at a decent price and a good battery.

www.limestonecityfishingcharters.com
YouTube Jim Lyon Fishing

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:17 pm 
Perch

Thanks, all the reading I've done , optima always comes up with regards to deep cycles, yet their amp hours are low compared to other batteries, are they worth it? I'm running a 55 lb minn Kota.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:40 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Jim Lyon wrote:
Go to Magnacharge batteries at 660 Justis dr and get a Trojan battery. Lots to choose from at a decent price and a good battery.

+1

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:26 pm 
Walleye Master

Icehunter wrote:
Thanks, all the reading I've done , optima always comes up with regards to deep cycles, yet their amp hours are low compared to other batteries, are they worth it? I'm running a 55 lb minn Kota.

I've never used Optima batteries, but I also run a 55lb motor, and have used Interstate batteries for the last 4-5 years without an issue. Unfortunately like everything else, they seem to go up in price. First one I bought was $115....and now they are about $180. Still worth every penny as far as I'm concerned.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:17 am 
Walleye Fry

Check out National Battery Kingston (Magnacharge) 660 Justus Dr, Kingston, ON K7M 4H4 (613) 634-7357. Me and my brother get all our batteries there. The guys there are great and they will set you up with whatever you are looking for. Plus they are A LOT cheaper then any of the big box stores.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:37 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Guys,

I contacted Auto Add-Ons in Kingston (across from Canadian Tire) to get pricing on a DM27V Optima battery. Adam gave me a price of $371 plus tax informed me I could get one in a couple days. I also contacted a representative at Optimabatteries.com. The gave me a price of $249 plus tax with free shipping to Kingston by Canada Post. I was told the battery would be delivered to a Shoppers Drug Mart close to my home, in just a few days. I contacted Adam and told him about the pricing and asked if he could do better on his price. Of course he lost interest in my request pretty quick. They must know they are overcharging Kingston buyers, otherwise he would have at least given me better pricing. Do your research before you buy from Auto Add-ons. Just my opinion.

BATMAN

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

I'm reading all these crazy prices on batteries and have to reply. I run a 55lb Minn Kota power drive 12volt on my rig. I have three batteries total. One at the back to start main combustion engine and run live well and electronics and two at the front for trolling motor. Alternator keeps the smaller 750 CA battery charged no problem. Upfront I have two 850 CA batteries and keep them charged with a 15amp Schumacher speed charger. I wire the two batteries together in parallel and get 12 volts still but twice the run time. I can launch at 7am and fish till 6pm with trolling motor. Best part of all this is they are $100 energizer deep cycles from Wally World. I've been running these batteries for four years now and still going strong! Come with a one year warranty too. Check them out! Save that extra cash for more fishing gear!

banner ad
 Post subject: Deep cycle battery
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:43 pm 
Walleye Angler

There is a guy in Trenton beside Kustom carts that has decent pricing on no name batts (Canadian energy)
Picked up 675cca for about 100$ last summer. No problems yet, and for a hundred bucks I think there worth a shot...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:13 am 
Walleye Angler

FishinMagician wrote:
I'm reading all these crazy prices on batteries and have to reply. I run a 55lb Minn Kota power drive 12volt on my rig. I have three batteries total. One at the back to start main combustion engine and run live well and electronics and two at the front for trolling motor. Alternator keeps the smaller 750 CA battery charged no problem. Upfront I have two 850 CA batteries and keep them charged with a 15amp Schumacher speed charger. I wire the two batteries together in parallel and get 12 volts still but twice the run time. I can launch at 7am and fish till 6pm with trolling motor. Best part of all this is they are $100 energizer deep cycles from Wally World. I've been running these batteries for four years now and still going strong! Come with a one year warranty too. Check them out! Save that extra cash for more fishing gear!

I am running the exact set up as FishinMagician only I have a 24 volt motor and have had good luck for up to 5-6 years, troll 6 + hours with the bow mount and still plenty of power when I head back. For the price I can't see changing.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:47 am 
Walleye Fry

ChugBug262 wrote:
Jim Lyon wrote:

+1

Agreed go see these guys they will have a comparable battery but the price is substantially lower. I use their batteries in everything that uses a battery. My brother and Dad use them too and have had nothing but good things to say about them!!!

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:24 am 
Walleye Angler

Has anyone tried Quinte Battery on Adam st.?? They were at the sportsmans show last year.

Most important is to keep the terminals clean and keep them charged.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:37 pm 
Walleye Catcher

hookingeyes wrote:
ChugBug262 wrote:
Jim Lyon wrote:

+1

Agreed go see these guys they will have a comparable battery but the price is substantially lower. I use their batteries in everything that uses a battery. My brother and Dad use them too and have had nothing but good things to say about them!!!

this is the best spot I've ever dealt with for quality batteries at a good price. Won't go anywhere else anymore.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:36 pm 
Walleye Master

FishinMagician wrote:

FM....are both your batteries dead at the end of the day?? I also run a 55lb motor and can get 8 or 9 hours trolling off 1 battery on a 16 footer. I have 2 batteries for the electric motor also, but I just use the second battery as backup so I don't have to charge the batteries all the time. I can get 2 days or more off the 2 batteries using 1 at a time.

banner ad
banner ad