Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:10 pm 
Walleye Angler

No I'm certainly not actually saying they are all built poorly but I will day this and I could be mistaken but last yr by the fairy I believe a large newer tracker boat either still sits on bottom or was salvaged when it sank in rough water sending 4 fisherman into frigid waters late into the fall fishing. I do know that Lund boats aren't supposed to sink as I have heard numerous reports of videos showing them with holes being punched into them and them still afloat.
I am certainly saying buyer beware if u r buying a used boat of theirs without a warranty! Probably like most everything else they aren't built like they were yrs ago but I do believe in today's market if it's not good and the company's don't step up to the plate to fix the problem and make It right then shame on them and honestly they don't deserve to be in business! That's my opinion especially after dropping $20 grand on something that lasted a little more then 2 months and the 2 precious owners stating very limited use.
Ya I'm pissed that as busy as I am I have to go after a boat company of all business's to do the right thing. I does puzzle me how they can go about their business this way but it's not my decision and all I can do is keep up the fight!
All I can say about Bass boats is they are built so much differently then an aluminum boat that's for sure!

Paul

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:58 pm 
Walleye Master

adventure, I truly hope you are keeping an eye on the various threads relating to Tracker boats....

the fella who sunk his last fall was his second sunk Tracker boat....

everyone is proud of their boat....until the worst happends.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:11 pm 
Walleye Master

Everyone has an opinion. I,m sure you can find a Lund, Crestliner, Princecraft, Legend etc that has gone under on some lake somewhere at sometime. Same as I'm sure you can probably find a Ford truck that somehow lasted more than 100,000 km's out there somewhere. Of course it was probably pulled by a Chevy for half of them. But again, that's just my opinion.

"the fella who sunk his last fall was his second sunk Tracker boat...." Not sure I read that part anywhere. It certainly is unfortunate, but again, I know guys that have had problems with Chevy's too.

But after what I have put my boat through over the years, I'm not worried about the boat. I'll stay focused on my own boating abilities and responsibilities. If my boat goes down, I probably did something I shouldn't have or got caught somewhere I shouldn't have been. Hopefully that never happens.

But if I was to make a general comment on how safe one boat is over another, I would need to see some real statistics, not just someone else's opinion. After all, they might drive a Dodge...

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:17 pm 
Walleye Master

Sorry, took me a whole 30 seconds...here's a couple. I'm sure another 30 seconds will find more.

http://juneauempire.com/local/2012-11-2 ... u-brothers

The last line says a lot about winds and waves...

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/art ... ck_check=1

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:27 pm 
Walleye

WELL...I guess after those two stories we better warn everyone to stay away from Lund boats too.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:04 pm 
Walleye Master

Both of those stories indicate that the boats were capsized....not sunk to the bottom. I've seen videos of Lunds, Princecrafts, etc...with holes drilled all around the perimeter of the boat, taking on water, and they will not sink.

Also, if you want to see Ford trucks with over 100,000 kms on them, I have 2 of them in my driveway....a '99 with 300,000 and an '09 with 150,000....Never been towed, and never will be towed by a Chev!!!! 8)

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:14 pm 
Walleye Master

:lol: :lol: I knew there would be a Ford fan out there somewhere.

Anyway, I'm not bashing any boat or truck for that matter. All I meant was there are good and bad in everything. Being aware and conscience of what you are buying sure helps. But what matters is what works best for you.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:44 pm 
Walleye Angler

At the end of the day we all buy what we buy for various reasons I'm sure but I don't think anyone buys something to just turn around and disregard it and if they do they have too much money and should give me some.
I don't believe I paid money for a nice looking boat and thought I was going to have any problems at all. Maybe at the end of the day I should of done more home work on the boats themselves but who's to say how much is enough. I went into the deal feeling confident after looking for months at boats and reading up on them to make an informed purchase. My eyes were really opened up wide once the marine surveyor from kingston showed up and pointed out to me all the problems with the boat that were there I just had no idea what it was I was looking at hence the fact these guys do this for a living!
At first I thought it was just my boat that had this problem but after he pointed out all the defects and went out of his way to offer up his services in court to prove how poorly these boats are built and exactly what the issues are that hit home it wasn't a lemon I had bought but in fact a boat from a boat manufacture that really doesn't build the best of products. This simply isn't a an unhappy customer even though i am anything but, more to the point a fellow angler who has run into an issue he wants the damn world to know about and if possible to force nitro to do something about.
There are a lot of people who have read this or these 2 posts I have made that know someone who has had a nasty experience with a boat and for the most part there is one thing in common, they are Nitro boats!!!

Paul

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:06 pm 
Walleye

KVD has been the best angler on tour for the last 20 years. he could fish out of any boat that he chooses but he continues to choose Nitro year after year after year. don't you think that if Nitro had a building problem that he would choose a different brand? I don't think that he would put his own life and safety on the line if there was a problem with the structure of Nitro boats

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 pm 
Walleye Angler

Do u have any idea how different fishing in the states especially the southern states is from what we endure up here on the Great Lakes and colder waters and bigger winds. Most Americans u talk to can't believe what we fish in and how well the boats hold up to the weather up here and what's too say they don't build boats differently for the pros then anyone else??
Think u r a little off side pal.

Paul

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:15 pm 
Walleye

OFF SIDE...you are the one bashing Nitro and saying they should step up to the plate on a boat that doesn't even have warranty on it. That's like buying a 5 year old truck and the engine goes, would you want the truck company to cover it because you spent 20k on it. It was a chance you took buying as a 3rd owner. GOOD LUCK PROVING IT WASN"T LIKE THAT WHEN YOU BOUGHT IT.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:30 pm 
Walleye

yeah they don't drive any rough water down there

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:38 pm 
Walleye Angler

Well to clear things up quite simply for I sir this is not about warranty it's about an illegally built boat. They did not build it to specifications laid out by the US coast guard, abyc and abs just to clear this up. I knew when I bought it there was no warranty on it and thought it was a none issue as like I said in the beginning from the research I did it would have deemed as if they had fixed the issues however it would seem today they are still changing their hull designs.
I guess u could look at this as if there was a recall on ur truck, they screwed up building it and they admit it and fix the problem. I'm sorry for being a boob to think a boat that was only 3 yrs old when I bought it may still be fish able out of in Ontario and so I am the one paying for it now as I spent the majority of last yr in someone else's boat tournament day not wanting to push the boat on tournament day. I'm sure you have never felt like u got a bum deal and for that u r a much smarter and better man than I.

Paul

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:41 pm 
Walleye Angler

Sorry my eyes rnt that good but isn't that a Z9 and I only had a Z9.
Big difference in price and probably or maybe quality too BUD.

Paul

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

Sorry I have a Z7

Paul

banner ad
banner ad