Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:19 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:27 pm 
Perch

guys this is a great site an very helpfull,,,4 of us are making the trip,,staying at a b&b in desronto,,been a long time since i fished here,,first time was in the earlly 80's,,,it was great,,fished it alot in open water,,only a few times through the ice,,great place,,here is some info.on perch fishing,the last 2 years we went to kingston,we put the boats in right there in town,we would run up to the prison an drift down to the causeway,watch the locator,an when you mark the fish,just hold on them with the trolling motor an jig them with blade baits,heddon sonors or silver buddies,or any jigging spoon,,,we had a blast,,we had 2 on lure several times,largest was 17'' many 12''ers,,,well hope that was of some help to someone out there,,,,ok i don't want to wear out my welcome,,,anyway if you see me out there on the 11th or 12th,,say hello if you care to,, grayish tracker boat,,,,have a nice day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:38 am 
Minnow

17" perch???

Are you kidding me? I can't even imagine that. That would be an impressive looking fish.

Post subject: perch
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:04 pm 
Perch

no not kidding,,we had a great time,,fishing was good,,weather was nice an toastie,but windy,,we used to take my children up to queens collage every year in july for music workshop,(in the 80's)anyway,,when they went to the workshop i would go down to the lake an walk out ontop of the kingston water intake,an chuck out a kastmaster or sonar blade bait an just pump it back in,an the perch would wack it,thats how i found out about the perch,,so anywaythe children grew up an moved on,so we didn't get up that way until two years ago i decidied to give it a try,,an the perch are still there,,,,,have anice day....maybe seeya on the water,,,,,,,trackerdv boat,,,,,,bob

banner ad