Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 7:29 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:19 pm 
Walleye Angler

I meant to check in with a few people back home on the weekend, but had to work at a trade show in Vancouver. I am hoping that someone could tell me what is happening fishingwise at Springside Park. I am very confident that the salmon are in there, especially after speaking to one person back home that was telling me about the rain on the weekend. That said.....I am curious about the strength of the run, numbers of anglers, etc.

I welcome responces. Thanks for looking.

Don Stokes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:24 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I ended up golfing on the weekend so didn't make it down. If anyone knows, please do share.

Thanks for putting this forward, Don.

......I heard they're in at the Mills now.

BTW, do you get back this way very often Don?

CHEERS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:40 pm 
Walleye Angler

I get back home as much as possible averaging twice a year. I am really looking forward to being home for Christmas and miss it a lot actually, making me very greatful for this board to keep abreast of the Bay of Quinte amongst other regional fisheries. Work has me spending a lot of time in BC/AB..

During December it always seems like such a wild card as to where and how one fishes the area. I always liked Springside Park, Millhaven Creek, Hydro plant etc., but avoid all crowds for my own fishing time.

Thanks for replying
Don Stokes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:50 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Don, we must have, at some time, bumped into each other fishing those areas. I did a lot of fishing in Napanee and Millhaven Creek. Ed, the owner of the house at the top of the falls, was a relative thru marriage.

Here are a few pictures of the Napanee river from last year....I love this place :lol:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/ ... 0_0157.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b227/ ... 0_0162.jpg

CHEERS!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:58 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

Hi Don. Was just down to Springside [oct/30]. Looks like a decent run. Lots of fish visible in the shallows + running the base of the falls. About 6 people fishing. Was there maybe 20 minutes + saw 3 landed + released. Was driving over the Center Street bridge on the 15th + saw a pretty fair group of people there. So I assume your date was more or less on the mark. Sure are some big salmon down there. Lots of water + deer tracks on your land today. Saw a flock of at least 30 wild turkey the other day out by the chicken farm on Hay Bay. See yah around Xmas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:00 am 
Walleye Wisdom

I stopped by the Napanee River yesterday and there's lots of them there. I was coming back from fishing the Moira for a few days for walleye, with my Dad.... still too early for the big walleye, but we caught and released 7 small ones. Musky were not hitting but 1 small pike. Good time either way.

Heading out in a few hours for the 2005 Salmon Slam with my brother-in-law. It's an annual event for us, just to get out and have some fun. We release our fish of course.

First to Kingston Mills and will end up in Napanee for the night. I'll ul pics if we remember to take them :lol:

....yahoo!!! :D

CHEERS