Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Wed Oct 02, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:54 pm 
Minnow

Just wondering if it's possible to repair a pop up hut (3 man rapala Sherpa ) the one wall has a broken fibreglass pole. Can I buy a new piece with the 4 poles and change it or is it garbage? Any info or place to get parts is appreciated.
Also was out sat from 630am-6pm in hay bay, marked lots of morning fish , the odd afternoon fish, and lots towards the end of day. No takers, fish were curious and would come up 16ft from bottom but wouldn't commit, all and all day ended with a skunk but was still great to be out there looking forward to next outing!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:03 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Contact Rapala customer service. I'm sure you're not the only one. Seems to me that after every windy weekend there are always guys looking to repair spokes or tears in their huts. Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:32 pm 
Guppy

A few years ago, I snapped a pole on my CLAM pop up hut. I called the company told them what happened and they sent me 2 replacements at no cost. I see now that they actually list the poles and hubs on their website for sale now too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:21 pm 
Walleye

Pop up huts are so cheap always break and way to expensive

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:46 pm 
Walleye Catcher

sail stocks them in oshawa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:55 pm 
Walleye

I have a ht insta shack hut and my replacement poles are abou 15 bucks each, the "sockets" the poles on my hut fit in can be undone by loosening the nut on it and putting the new poles in...
Contact customer service and ask them the repair options that you need

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:42 pm 
Walleye

i've heard on other boards guys use chimney sweep rods are the same diameter, home hardware. tent city sells replacement poles and maybe canadian tire, tsc has electric fence poles which are the same diameter 5/8. better then waiting for replacement poles being shipped to you.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:36 am 
Walleye Angler

Driveway markers at canadian tire. The black one not the orange ones. they are the same diameter just cut them to size and sand the cut so you dont have sharp edges poke through the corner.

update: I searched the ctire site and could not find the black ones, may have been replaced by high vis orange. I bought 2 last year on clearance for $2 just in case and one of my poles splintered slightly last week when I was folding it up. The ones I bought are just a black fiberglass pole with a metal tip to drive into the ground with no reflector attached. It has a couple reflective white stripes on the top.

here is a link to an orange one but just go in and they may have black as well. They have many different models, just look for a thicker pole to match the one you have.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/certi ... 3313p.html#.VL0XgbM8K9I

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:14 am 
Minnow

Thanks for all the good suggestion!! Today I contacted rapala in oshawa and explained that my hut was approx 1yr old and that a pole had broken. They told me to drive over and since it was my first problem that they would just give me another pole for free. I drove over no reciept or anything and they handed me another pole. I was told that usually it's 15$ for a pole which personally I thought was great. My hut has been used quite often and deffienetyly not new. This is great customer service!!!!

banner ad