Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: This evening Turkey Hunt
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:19 pm 
Walleye

So come to figure this mornings turkey hunt was a bust after seeing a tom fanned out quite a few times only hearing a faint gobble that seemed to far to be close the only thing talking back to me this morning was myself and a couple of hens so i packed it up and left for work and on the way home i decided to check out my spot from this morning and low and behold there he was all strutted out with 9 of his girls. He was the only tom there i encountered this smart bird last year opening day last year where i thought he was to far to shoot but after pacing it off he was only 40 yards away after that day was the last time i seen him i caught up with 1 of his buddies so Big Boy lived for another time.This evening was a different story i was set up and ready at 5.20 pm after his girls leading him up and down the field 2 times like being lead on a string they finally headed in my direction slowly buy surely they edge towards me 3 hens leading the pack and then him and the rest was following behind so i sat still and ready til he was 30 yards in front following the 3 hens i eased up and shot down he went with the girls flying every which way they could to get out of there, sooner or later i knew with that many girls he would let his guard down and he did weighing 22.65 lbs ,9 inch beard and 1 inch spurs another great opening day!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: This evening Turkey Hunt
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:19 am 
Walleye Master

Beautiful bird. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:38 am 
Walleye Master

Nicely done, he's a great looking bird.

banner ad
banner ad