Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

Had my 3 year old son on bear hunt in the fall and he got to experience that. Now just before his 4th bday he helped me bag a nice size jake. After our 3 times out without even a gobble we got a surprise. After walking half way into the blind before we cross the final field and into the woods we do a couple calls to try and locate a gobble This time a gobble rings out in the corn feild next door and my sons eyes are size of saucers with excitement that finally a gobble. We move quick to the wack shack. In less than 20 minutes of text book calling back and fourth we get him to leave the corn feild and enter the woods within range. The rest is just and bunch of hoots, hollars, and high fives.
Best part is next morning he says I want to go turkey hunting. I said we used our tag and he responds with "papa has one" needless to say we will be back out Thursday. Good thing the wack shack is a 10 by 10 shed we use to warm up while ice skating on the pond so will fit all three lol. Cheers to you all and enjoy every day in the woods or on the water.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 pm 
Walleye

apmikel wrote:
Had my 3 year old son on bear hunt in the fall and he got to experience that. Now just before his 4th bday he helped me bag a nice size jake. After our 3 times out without even a gobble we got a surprise. After walking half way into the blind before we cross the final field and into the woods we do a couple calls to try and locate a gobble This time a gobble rings out in the corn feild next door and my sons eyes are size of saucers with excitement that finally a gobble. We move quick to the wack shack. In less than 20 minutes of text book calling back and fourth we get him to leave the corn feild and enter the woods within range. The rest is just and bunch of hoots, hollars, and high fives.
Best part is next morning he says I want to go turkey hunting. I said we used our tag and he responds with "papa has one" needless to say we will be back out Thursday. Good thing the wack shack is a 10 by 10 shed we use to warm up while ice skating on the pond so will fit all three lol. Cheers to you all and enjoy every day in the woods or on the water.

Great job always nice to see the young ones enjoying the hunts they will remember them years to come great job and thanks for sharing.

Last edited by Gettin.er.Done on Wed May 13, 2015 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:59 am 
Walleye Master

Very cool, thanks for sharing. It's a whole new game when you are out with your kids. Congrats on the bird.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 7:00 am 
Walleye Angler

Thats awesome man!!! My little guy is way too active right now to sit still for any amount of time, but when hes through this phase I hope to take him out to the blind like you have. I told my wife, when he's old enough you won't be seeing neither of us! Lol

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:39 am 
Walleye Master

I found my boys would go stir crazy if I put them inside a full ground blind but would sit like statues if we used just a low prop up blind or netting. I think partly because they were able to see unobstructed everywhere rather than staring out a few small windows and they knew they were more exposed with just a net in front of them and would be seen easily if they moved at all.

They also seemed to think the ground blind was sound proof and they could whisper (loudly) and giggle and fight inside. Needless to say I don't take them in the ground blind anymore.

banner ad