banner ad

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:52 pm 
Walleye Angler

Does anyone have a go to faithful ice lure??? Or is there a sonar you prefer on the ice???

It's funny how things change from year to year. Mr. Champ used to be a hot lure for me, then deadly dick, then swedish pimple, and then a jig with a white twister and of course jigging rapalas. Some folks on Simcoe have been lovin humpback creepers, bad boyz, and Smackin Jacks. I like this set up from "Bear Paw" for perch, you have to check the regs. most areas you can add 4 hooks, but more than 2 are a pain.

Sonars.... I use an old humminbird, squirt a little minnow water on the ice, and shoot through to find structure. Vexilar seems to be the machine this year, so I have read.

I was just wondering what you all thought.

Bass Pro has an ice fishing show this Saturday, in Vaughan GTA. Why the Quinte area doesn't have one is a mystery. Manns 20+ about 8 bucks, can't say how much I paid for mine :oops: Basspro.com then follow store events

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:20 pm 
Walleye Angler

Hello Slug

My hot lure last year was a champ with green sticker (Old faithfull) :lol: .I've got some new tricks up my sleeve again for this year but always seem to go back to the oldfaithfull :wink: We got a aqu-view at the end of last year . Loved it but I still won't leave shore with out the vex :wink: :wink: . Lookn' like a early start this year . Lets hope the ice stays . Well good luck this hard water season . Post lot's of reports :wink: .

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:57 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for the reply duder

Any good places to buy minnows around the county?? I know of one in Demorestville, the one I'd gone to in Bloomfield is gone.

I was in Wellers Bay visiting this morning, my pal said it was open water last sunday. It's got 5-6" of snow on the skim of ice now.

Take good care on the ice, and best of luck this hard water season!! Post'em if you gett'em.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:13 pm 
Walleye Angler

Manns 20+...8 bucks? wow...local bait and tackle shop going out of business, I stopped the other day and picked up a bunch of hj, reef runners, and a couple of Manns 20+, about $3.50 each, maybe I should go back and buy every lure they have at that price? and set up shop at the Bay?

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:52 am 
Walleye Angler

Wow $3.50/lure!! Brother do we get hosed.....That $7.99 I thought was a good price compared to other bait shops or Canadian Tire if you can find them there. Deep-divers start at around $6.99 and go up.

I'd gotten my fish finder from Cabela's for $350. US, in Canada the same unit was $699. without the speed/temp option. I got it loaded, and duty free, and saved a few $$. They sent it to me in about 10 working days.

cheers brother

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 9:10 am 
Walleye Angler

This shop is selling everything at 50 percent of marked price, most of the lures were marked at 6.99. Pretty well picked over now, I didnt find out about it until too late.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:40 pm 
Guppy

Marcum LX-3 Flasher and the mighty williams wabler in ice version .

TD

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:08 pm 
Walleye Angler

Quote:
Any good places to buy minnows around the county?? I know of one in Demorestville, the one I'd gone to in Bloomfield is gone.

slug,
I live in Demorestville so you know were i get my minnows (best golden shiners in the province IMHO). The only other places i know of are in Desoronto and Belleville .

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:34 pm 
Walleye Angler

Thanks duber :)

I picked up a free booklet at the local bait shop with a good link on the cover www.iceteam.com worth a look.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:24 pm 
Perch

BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S WE ICE FISHED THE BOQ WITH SWIDISH PIMPELS,,CASTMASTERS,AN HEDDON SONORS,,ON THE PIMPELS AN CASTMASTERS WE HUNG ON A MINNOW,,THE SONARS WE FISHED THEM PLAIN,,LIGHT LINE, LURE WEIGHT 1/2 0R 3/4 OZ

banner ad
banner ad