Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 6:31 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:27 am 
Walleye Angler

So just for the record I have only been out once this fall and it's really because I could care less about catching those big fish in fall and I am usual in the woods come fall time.
Here's the BIG question.... Why oh why do all the people on this board wonder why the fish in the last couple of years won't bite??
Do u think it's because this board tells everyone who has or has use of a computer screen how,where,when what color.... Of lures they caught any fish in any particular day. This board along with all of our local guides have shown every Tom Dick and Harry what we do to catch fish on Quinte and with saying this should u all be surprised that the fishing is so pour?
Charter captions spending countless days on the water washing lures trying to catch the eyes and having guys follow them trying to duplicate what they are doing.
I get we all want to be successful but to what extent?
At some point do u not think the fishery will be over exposed.
I mean I still catch lots through the ice but I personally didn't catch a 10 lber last yr through the ice which with how many hours I logged means to me the big fish maybe just aren't coming all the way through the system.
Many of us locals have said its just a matter of time until the Internet exposes this fishery and maybe that time has come?
Many speak about the Tourny anglers which I am one of and how they don't share and I know what there's a simple reason for that.
For the record I am not venting at all not even a little bit, it just seems so funny to me how I've watched this site for well over 2 months now and seen too many posts to count about ppl being skunked and have s hard time believing how still so many are spending good money to chase that elusive walleye ghost as it seems?
I would wonder what the mnr think? If I'm far off or not and I guess because of the money it brings in the fall to this area I guess whether or not they may tell the truth may be another thing??

Just a hard time wondering why??

Paul

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:42 am 
Jumbo Perch

you think it's tough now, wait till the walleye get wifi, smart phones and the internet, give me a break the walleye fishery on Quinte was exposed 30yrs ago, long before the internet.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 10:52 am 
Walleye Fry

Your right. Last walleye I caught had his own smart phone. I went through his txt before letting it go. The txt said turn right down st Lawrence this year and if you do travel into the bay travel at night and stay shallow.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:06 pm 
Walleye Master

Lunker wrote:
Your right. Last walleye I caught had his own smart phone. I went through his txt before letting it go. The txt said turn right down st Lawrence this year and if you do travel into the bay travel at night and stay shallow.

Laughed out loud at this one. Well done.

I'd rather catch them in July and August anyways. Fight better, just as big and way more aggressive. Oh and sun burns instead of goosebumps.

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

:lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:09 am 
Walleye

Its not December its 40 degrees and more way to warm yet. They will come But it is a good point for the live release program just how impotant we treet The Quinte

20 Honda Kicker
TR1 Gold with iTroll Throttle Command
Fish Hawk X4
23 Ft. Sulvan Great lakes rigged
18 Ft centre consol Starcraft
Great lake Salmon Rigged
and a canoe

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:42 am 
Walleye Catcher

I caught one that was speaking French. :lol: Merry Christmas

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:45 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I do not think a lot of recreational fishers exist anymore Paul and like yourself I watch and read the board(s) a lot more then I post. To me the rec fisher has changed into the expected catcher. With today's electronics and information available to the general public, I being one of them (general public) we strike out into the water or out onto the ice with feeling that we are entitled to a catch fish. We are entitled yes but I go home skunked more often then enough because of how I fished or where I fished not because of the lack of fish. Catching is great but I want to remain as a fisherman.

My worst day on the water was with a guy that was that felt it was necessary to follow and drift in after a guide boat, talk about wanting to hide my head in a sand hole. The best part was that after fishing behind the guide for a few hours we got skunked and I have not fished with the other person since.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:16 pm 
Baitfish

Its my thinking that we don't know everything . Usually the big ones are here at this time but this year they are not .Something has changed . My guess is the wether . Last years cold winter . Cold enough to make the lake freeze over . I also fish Lake Erie and I can tell you this . The places that produce on Erie . Did not this year . Everyone on that lake had to change tactics locations to find fish . Funny enough though when you found them they where there . Thats walleye fishing . They can be tough to find . If you want easy pickens start fishing for bass .

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:30 pm 
Walleye Master

Start fishing for bass ha-ha love it

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:01 am 
Walleye Master

With respect specifically to Erie, this was one of the easiest years in a long time to go out and catch a limit.

They were deeper than years past, but once you hit that magic 60' mark, there were TONS of walleye caught.

Best year on Erie in a loooooong time.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:57 pm 
Walleye

It is possible that the walleye are by now conditioned by the CC shads, Tail dancers, etc that we all throw at them? Big ones = experienced and jaded by those lures; small ones = "wet-behind-the-ears"

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:18 pm 
Walleye

my theory..kastmaster type lures have worked for decades.macho minnows and alike work too..jiggin raps have always worked....sometimes it try this or that..personally.gold ,green sidewinders have caught more of my boq and oneida lake eyes than anything else..and so long 4 now.john

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

banner ad
banner ad