Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:09 pm 
Walleye

Won't be a fan of brush piles if they float up and I hit it with my boat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:10 pm 
Perch

There no way in hell this is legal...had a buddy get caught at the boat launch by the MNR...suffice to say that didn't stop him...gotta love GPS :D

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:39 am 
Walleye

well as I say it is an mnr employee I do it with and the reason for pvc is its not solid and u can sink it properly and weight it right where u want it to be, as brush piles do float to the top..as say I do mine with an mnr guy that works rice lake..i cant see him doing it illegally hence me never even thinking to ask him..also just had friend tell me other night last winter he watched the parks people and mnr take out tons of stuff on the ice right before melt and pile it up and when ice went out it went to bottom..that was behind darlington gm plant in Oshawa and as I say ministry and parks people did that just for the fish in there

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:44 am 
Jumbo Perch

I asked a my local CO about this very thing and he laughed and told me if I get caught doing this they will hang me hahahaha, you can't go out and sink crap to the bottom of the lake without proper permission and permits, no way no how, this is against the law/laws, from littering to creating hazards for use. Yes the MNR and sports clubs sink gravel in many lakes to rehabilitate spawning shoals and such but permits and studies are done before hand, for you to go out and sink trees/brush in the lake without permits is a huge NO-NO so don't get caught or you will be charged.One more thing if they catch you doing this you will be charged for the removal of the sunken crap on top of the fine.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:04 am 
Walleye Wisdom

The only thing your allowed to sink are burnt out box spring mattresses to catch all your buddies lures on!! :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:19 am 
Site Admin

pickerel killer wrote:
The only thing your allowed to sink are burnt out box spring mattresses to catch all your buddies lures on!! :lol:

That's why I keep getting snagged fishing that dock. Lol

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:03 am 
Walleye

Im actually gonna be talking to him asap and asking him now why he has me doing it with him but its illegal..i dont need to be getting charged or somthing stupid when im doing it with one of there own... Thats crazy really.. Im not impressed at all as i said back first post we have sank a few of these lol...and the other place i was talking about with the parks people e.t.c, well it wasnt gravel it was logs hakf trees really amd pipeing and weights

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:00 am 
Walleye Wisdom

captainconsecon wrote:
Im actually gonna be talking to him asap and asking him now why he has me doing it with him but its illegal..i dont need to be getting charged or somthing stupid when im doing it with one of there own... Thats crazy really.. Im not impressed at all as i said back first post we have sank a few of these lol...and the other place i was talking about with the parks people e.t.c, well it wasnt gravel it was logs hakf trees really amd pipeing and weights

You should be turning yourself into the authorities!!! :o :lol:

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:23 pm 
Walleye

Deff wont be causeing myself any troubles lol..but deff have no issue with going to put the work in to take every last piece of it out of each spot if not supposed to be there..im.a big boy and if its wrong well then i want no part of it and have no problem taking onus....i feel abit stupid as i thought it was fine as i did it with literally and mnr employee up there.. So feel like who do ya trust if thats the case right...i am phoneing after xmas holidays to find out and am going to get to the bottom of it see what needs to be done..not really impressed that was put in a spot i could get into trouble..as i make aure i always follow the rules wether i thibk they are right or not,they are there for a reason wether i understand the reason or not is on me...deff aucks though if i have to rip them out. Jumpin's do i get alot of slabs outta there lol......merry xmas everyone hope u have gd day tommorow.. Get these holidays out of the way and get back into the boat...

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:44 am 
Walleye Master

captainconsecon wrote:
well as I say it is an mnr employee I do it with and the reason for pvc is its not solid and u can sink it properly and weight it right where u want it to be, as brush piles do float to the top..as say I do mine with an mnr guy that works rice lake..i cant see him doing it illegally hence me never even thinking to ask him..also just had friend tell me other night last winter he watched the parks people and mnr take out tons of stuff on the ice right before melt and pile it up and when ice went out it went to bottom..that was behind darlington gm plant in Oshawa and as I say ministry and parks people did that just for the fish in there

Hahaha one thing I know is most people in law enforcement are big offenders of breaking laws lmao, they have this little hunk of metal in there wallets they like to call there get out of jail free card among cops there is this brotherhood and for the record I would think sinking a Christmas tree is a lot less risky then sinking a bunch of scrap PVC pipe and wire and most would consider GARBAGE!!!!! just think about that!!!! personally I think an old Christmas tree is almost natural or a bunch of rocks taken from the shoreline and dropped in a strategic area on a mud flat also almost natural....... but a pile of plastic, and wire..... Shame, Shame, Shame!

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:31 am 
Walleye

Well as ive said multiple times i did it with that guy that has a badge so there was bo shame shame shame about it when it comes to me i was not out in tje middle of the night dropping oiles pf garbage on the bottom period see it how tou want these were built very properly on land...if its wrong its wrong i had no idea as i say most peiple are not going to call the mnr and ask questions when there already with them...so your very rude withthe shame shame shame comment plain and simple grizz

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:21 pm 
Walleye

Could be worse could be one of the hundreds or thousands of industries polluting water with heavy metals and oil spills.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:58 am 
Walleye

This is a good lesson for all and i Commend Capconsicon for his post it was a ? I think it is honest but Ahhhhh This is PRIddY BAD. Do you tie a three prong to a tree tip it with an apple and when the deer gets it caught in it lip and on the vidio monitor you go and shoot it. Is that Hunting. They are my lakes too keep your junk out Would if we all did that. We have WOW electronics rods spreds boards riggers auto pilots kickers charts every target of colume water is hit to the limit with the lure designs n colour combos. My dad saw my boat all geard out and said he feels sorry for the fish.

20 Honda Kicker
TR1 Gold with iTroll Throttle Command
Fish Hawk X4
23 Ft. Sulvan Great lakes rigged
18 Ft centre consol Starcraft
Great lake Salmon Rigged
and a canoe

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:24 am 
Walleye Master

captainconsecon wrote:
Well as ive said multiple times i did it with that guy that has a badge so there was bo shame shame shame about it when it comes to me i was not out in tje middle of the night dropping oiles pf garbage on the bottom period see it how tou want these were built very properly on land...if its wrong its wrong i had no idea as i say most peiple are not going to call the mnr and ask questions when there already with them...so your very rude withthe shame shame shame comment plain and simple grizz

hey bud. relax don't sweat it...... MNR does not like you to put things in the water, and they do not like you to take things out either :wink: live and learn. as I stated way above years ago sinking an xmas tree to create cover is not a horrible thing just not something they like people doing just imagine if everyone did this the bottom would be full usually its a thing people will do out in front of there cottage to hold fish and give them close fishing for the kids I might add this is also something they did a lot back in the day before GPS, and structure scan with all the modern stuff now days its a lot less important. before GPS it was all done with dead reckoning you know line up two points and the red cottage and I think its right here someplace. lol I know a place back in the day where the DEC in NY built a dam and created a lake then they cut trees around it dropping them into the water to create structure and now its one hell of a bass lake. all good when they do things but they would rip you a new one if you went and did it on your own.
30 years ago I had a camp on a small lake not a crappie in it I asked a DEC friend of mine if it would be ok to catch crappie from one lake 40 miles away and put them in another lake he said (Quote) Absolutely not! ..... 5 years later he told me I did a wonderful job of stocking and now 30 years later people flock from miles around to fish crappie in this small lake.
My shame shame comment comes from your choice of building materials lol in the future you might try to stick with more natural things things that will bio degrade in time as apposed to plastic that your great great great grand children might fish from...... since this type of thing is done secretly can you just imagine if 100 guys did this all building 3 PVC brush piles each?

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:04 am 
Jumbo Perch

Here's an idea buy a decent sonar and fish the structure the creator gives us, no need to fill the lakes with trees, brush and garbage. I'm sure every lake in the Kawarthas contains enough structure for you to fish a new piece everyday for the rest of your freaking life.

banner ad
banner ad