Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 10:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: *Danger Open Water*
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:54 pm 
Walleye Angler

The new Marina at the mouth of the Trent is going to be a dangerous spot this ice fishing season. There is lots of current around the new break walls they put in. By putting the break walls in and all the rock under them the mouth of the Trent has become skinnier. A bottle neck if you will. There are signs on the break walls that say *Danger Open Water*. It was kind of a no brainer...it's a marina...BUT they have bubblers on timers around the break walls. Quite a few of them actually. I imagine they are using the bubblers to protect the break wall from freezing in and come break up time so they don't get ripped from their anchors. But this is really going to mean open water during the ice fishing season. The mouth of the Trent has always been a sketchy area and now this has been added to the equation. Just a heads up for everyone who didn't know and out of town folks. Stay safe out there! Your life isn't worth a tug on your line!

Post subject: Re: *Danger Open Water*
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:39 pm 
Walleye Master

Thanks Rob !

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:03 pm 
Walleye

I walked out on the dock this afternoon to see if the anglers in the boats were catching any fish. The bubblers were on and you are correct ice formation will be impacted well into the channel. They have posted signs warning of such. I did not see any bent rods and two boats left while I was there so not sure much going on in the river

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:49 am 
Walleye

The trwnt has been off and on lately some gd days aome bad like anywhere was out tonight again with a couple myself that being said nothing if any size yet mostly alot dinks and small eaters..and your right its gonna be horrible down there for ice,the current is a big mess down there way worse then it used to be.. The way the current is i see everynight in the mouth there i dont know how it would freeze, very skinny and lota of fast moving water from both ways usually

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:18 pm 
Baitfish

Thanks for the info guys!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:30 pm 
Walleye Master

Just a reminder to anyone fishing the mouth of the Trent this year. FishinMagician is bang on and those "vibrators" are big !!! Be careful there this year. I was just out with a friend for a few hours in the boat and trolled through the new marina... sketchy as heck, told my budz "I won't bring my kids here anymore."

Regards,
Randy

banner ad