Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Oct 10, 2024 11:25 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:33 pm 
Perch

Well I thought I'd take the time to thank a few people and give an update while we wait for some quality ice. We've been running our fishing team here at Holy Cross for almost 3 years now and we have enjoyed numerous outings, tournaments and charters. The latest being a trip to the bay in early December. our fishing team had a great learning opportunity and we partnered up with a couple of awesome guides and played "hookie" and went fishing. Our team met with James Mathias of Seas the Day, Scott Walcott of Bay of quinte charters and Ed Mackenzie of Chasin Eyes charters at Picton Harbour at 7am. The weather was perfect, no wind and temps around 10 degrees in December! The team was divided into the three boats and scattered throughout the bay. I was following the walleye reports and heard it was tough fishing, well we found out quickly the reports were true. We set the lines and began trolling. After about an hour we hooked into our first fish. A nice 4lber. With only one other boat hooking into a pike. Scott made the call to head out for some lakers. The kids had a blast with each one hooking into a lake ontario laker with the largest tipping the scales at 14lbs. At around 2pm we headed over to the Lake ontario management unit at the picton ferry. The students got a tour of the facility, and the large vessel the Ontario explorer. we went over biological sampling, and the info they collect. The got to tour the aquarium room and even got to see a dissection on how to remove the Otolith bone to determine the age of a walleye. All in all a great day on the water, learned lots about fishing and looking forward to the next outing. Thanks again to the 3 charters for a great day on the water.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:05 pm 
Perch

Great pics! Looking forward to bringing my students from St ts to the bay bay derby in feb.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:23 pm 
Minnow

Taking the boys out for some lakers was much appreciated Scott, made for some great pictures! Thanks to all three charter Captains for the great experience.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:50 pm 
Perch

That sounds like & looks like a Great Day congrats.
Tight Lines SBK 8)

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:39 pm 
Walleye

Great to give these kids a taste of fishing, sharing the passion of fishing and learning from the experts. Keep it up - an experience they won't forget.

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:01 pm 
Perch

My son will be going to Holy Cross next year. He came home one day after school and told me that there was a fishing team there and he is stoked to join. That is the coolest idea I ever heard! wish there was a team like that when I was going to high school. maybe then I wouldn't have skipped to go fishin! ha ha

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:20 am 
Walleye Master

I owe James a thank you for organizing it, and the students a thank you for giving me the opportunity to be part of their day. It was a fun day on the water and as always I learned a few interesting facts with the MNR tour

Great to have teachers that care about the students enough to give up their own to organize a group like this. Great work guys and thanks again for the ability to be part of that day.

Scott

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

West Lake Willows offers 8 cottages and camping at the doorstep of the famous Sandbanks on West Lake.

www.bayofquintecharters.com, www.pictonharbourinn.com, www.westlakewillows.com

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:21 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Great job there Icehunter to get your students out on the water and a big hats off to the guides for making this possible.

See you at Edu-cast this year Icehunter? I took the fall off from fishing activities, my high school fishing team is gearing up to start activites back up in February.

JimW

Smiths Falls DCI Redhawks Fishing Team Coach

banner ad
banner ad