Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Oct 12, 2024 7:23 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:38 pm 
Walleye

Anybody else noticeing how many first year fish there are..wow last years spawn must of done really well..ive been noticeing tons of perch on flashers for last few days in a few spots so came with perch gear aswell just alot smaller baits and then i figured out that half the time im thinking perch its a huge school of seven and eight inch fish...thatd awesome of course i always see a few smaller ones but yoly cow when i say lots. Mean it i had ten at a time coming right up the whole column to the ice and looking at em and caught a few..its not really fun to catch the dinks but im super happy so many are around..just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing..im thinking last year did very well which means the nextcouple years we should do pretty well..maybe im wrong but i fish the bay usually twice a day all winter for last few years and never seen this many small fish..last year i got two i was able to keep under four lbs thats it as i wont keep big fish even three and four i dont like to keep..and this year getting a few dinks a day that are eight inch fish..likr i say anyonr else got any thoughts..honestly i would rather see a healthy young fish population then i would get hogs so it has made my last couple nights..hope everyone is having a gd year so far it might end real fast the next couple days.. Be safeand stay on the top side guys and girls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:14 pm 
Perch

Ive noticed alot of smaller 10-16 inch walleyes in the reach as well this year.....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:59 pm 
Walleye

I've noticed the same in Belleville. Caught 2 dinks and one really tiny dink. This thing was 4" long, minnow was almost as big as it was. We got a good laugh out of it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:42 pm 
Walleye Angler

I haven't been out there yet this season but I had that trouble last season on West Lake. 7-8 fish nights and only keeping 2-3.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:49 am 
Walleye

Belleville is where ive seen a ton...its gd to see really.as i say couple yrs ago all i woukd catch ia hogs and have a hard time getting an eater..i dont usually keep anything above three though and usually only like lb and a half

banner ad