Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 12:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:10 pm 
Jumbo Perch

after reading the site which steve brought to our attention, if this story is true which i believe is. the name of the outfitter should made aware to the public. this guy is no outfitter he is out there to make a fast buck and he is putting people lives at risk for the sake of makeing a fast buck.there's more to outfitting than putting huts on the ice and bringing people out. makeing sure that ice conditions are safe is the first and most important one.
(I WOULD SURE LIKE TO KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:18 pm 
Walleye Master

i'll see what i can dig up....

but i thought before people drove up (in some cases, a long way from the states), they read that recent report....

best not to have that happen to everyone....

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:49 pm 
Walleye

For anyone considering travelling, the mouth of the Trent is open water despite the last 24 hours of sub-zero tempuratures. The long range forecast is calling for above freezing for all but two days in the next fourteen. The Trent may be the worst because of the increased current caused by #1 Dam being more open than usual, but it's probably a very good indication of the general ice conditions in the Quinte area. I got to agree, as much as I enjoy any type of fishing it's not worth risking your life.

take the grandkids fishin

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 7:22 pm 
Walleye Angler

I read the report posted via the link provided by Steve Hamilton and am very concerned. This person should be taken to task if in fact this is what took place. Any idea what there access point was?

Regards
Don Stokes

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:46 pm 
Guppy

:cry: :cry:
We have canceled our trip to the great bay, for this year. But look out next year us boyz from Minnesota are coming. Thanks for all the info on this site I'll keep checking in. Thanks again.

Minnesota Mark

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:47 pm 
Walleye Angler

Good god...

I read the post at the other end of the link left by Steve Hamilton. I couldn't imagine......I hope someone got a fat lip over that deal, they should have :evil:

Great job Steve, finding and posting it. Unbelievable!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:20 pm 
Goby

Well,I here ice conditions are fair to horse,oops,honeycombed, so i will put away the heavy hardware until 2007. until than great website and keep up the great reports. signed fshliss in fargo nd :cry: :x :(

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:25 pm 
Goby

Well,I here ice conditions are fair to horse,oops,honeycombed, so i will put away the heavy hardware until 2007. until than great website and keep up the great reports. signed fshliss in fargo nd :cry: :x :(

banner ad
 Post subject: Ice Conditions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:58 am 
Walleye Master

For Pointe Anne last week! 5 Inches but only 3 inches of good ice!!!
Out from Snake Island! 4-5 Inches but only 2 inches of good ice!!!
Stay away from the main currents they are scary! Find a light current and start there, its worked for us and kept us safe!!!
We have got 3 at pointe Anne and 2 out from Snake Island! Everyone be safe, if you need someone to point you in safe directions talk to the locals!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:14 am 
Walleye Master

Quote:
Bayview Boat & Ice Hut Rentals and full line of bait and tackle
405 Dundas Street East
Belleville Ont.
Joe set up our fishing trip with the owner of this tackle shop who has Peter working as a guide. I have a strong feeling that this guy is not licenced to be a guide. I agree that the members of Fish-Hawk should know this information. I can't believe that this outfitter would put money ahead of saftey.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:04 am 
Walleye Master

steve-hamilton wrote:
Quote:
Bayview Boat & Ice Hut Rentals and full line of bait and tackle
405 Dundas Street East
Belleville Ont.
Joe set up our fishing trip with the owner of this tackle shop who has Peter working as a guide. I have a strong feeling that this guy is not licenced to be a guide. I agree that the members of Fish-Hawk should know this information. I can't believe that this outfitter would put money ahead of saftey.

Ya no way those guys are licensed!!!!!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:04 am 
Walleye Angler

I have brought buddys down to the quinte all times of the year for many years. I wouldn't think of myself as a guide, but it's not rocket science.....the fish are so easy it's unbelievable.

Bottom line on this guys is, this clown who ever he/they is/are, should be brought to account for this type of behavour, end of story. Anyone that says oh yeah the ice is great and has the balls to take your money and someone out on bad ice, deserves what they get!

Just suppose that was you taking your kid out for some of those quinte walleye we've been brag'n about. All I can say is ouch that's gonna leave a mark!!

He's lucky so far :!: :evil:

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:42 am 
Walleye Angler

I act as a FREE fly fishing guide in the moira, I like it better that way, if you don't catch any fish you can't complain to me LOL :lol:
yeah, I keep hearing bad stories about that place, I can't believe someone is willing to risk getting someone killed to make money. if your business is not doing well, don't drown other people with yourself. jeez.......
I really thought that this year would be my first time ice fishing, ahh, there's always next year :wink:

banner ad
 Post subject: I was on Herchimer
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 5:24 pm 
Walleye Master

Herchimer Report was out this morning! 6 inches with 2 inches of water on top! The wind was vicious!!! Few light hits nothing to show!!!! But the wind made it hard to even watch your line!!!! Other guy said he one to the hole and lotsa perch!!! If your looking for a good spot for perch, herchimer may be the best and most safe spot around! Few eyes here and there but few and far between! Was going to try pointe anne but the current made me think differently!! GL to all and be SAFE!!!

banner ad
 Post subject: crazy things we do
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:10 am 
Walleye Master

One mans sanity, is another mans insanity......... I think i met this guide spoken about in the above incident. he seems like a very nice guy. seems to know what he is talking about when it comes to fishing... and if it is in fact the same guy he comes from up simico way and new to the belleville fishng waters...... he told me about a father and son team making the trip just to leave because of thn ice ......... the story almost matches the one i just read so im thinking this is the guide......Im not defending this guy,,,,,,,,, there is more to guiding than the almighty dollar he stands to make and though they made it out, and back in it could have gone the other way......... there was other huts, and fishermen out there at that very time........ so they wernt the only fools out there that day.... but being a guide he should look out for his charters more than two friends out to prove they are man enough to brave the elements and catch fish.......... my worry is they mentioned talking to a few people who all said the ice was unsafe. yet they pressed on, found a guide hungry enough to take them out anyways.... and yes they went.......... knowing it had been less than desirable weather. we all know how fast 4 inches can turn to two inches........... seems that they got what they asked for, and when they got there they lost the nerve and wanted out........ funny how a lil common sence goes a long ways, and sometimes the lure of catching fish makes a person loose his beter judgement........... i dont think there is one person alive who went thru the ice thinking, or should i say KNOWING the ice wasnt safe enough to go out on, yet they went out! ....... if 10 people said there was 3 inches of ice, and 1 person said there is 10 inches of ice. WHO ARE YOU GOING TO BELIEVE? .... I have followed this board for months now........ a good reason to read this board is not only to find out where the fish are, but also the CONDITIONS!!!. Trust the masses, not the word of one brave soul who is out to make money on something everyone here loves to do! ...... PS this guy has buisness cards at Skevees bait on dundas st and im quite sure they went out at herkamer ............... happy fishing guys....... but please for your safty use the good common sence that god gave you!! .. monday and tuesday i cought 6 walleye off herkamer all in the 5 pound range.... also some perch nothing big but they are there ...... i chose not to go out there wensday after the rain but ill be out there later today .

banner ad
banner ad