Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:05 pm 
Walleye

I took a look at the Kingston Collins Bay launch yesterday and it seems the construction there is finished that was started last Fall, but only hope they put in a small float dock next to the ramp - anyone knows if this will happen? The parking lot is the same ass before - gravel lot with maybe 6-8 parking spots.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:37 pm 
Walleye Angler

Its a pretty bad setup; I would say made worse . Those 2' high limestone boulders are perfectly wrong. On a sweeping turn in which you need every cm......they put those awkward boulders there to ruin your bumper as opposed to a simple 8" curb which would serve the same purpose. You can't see those stupid boulders over your hood and a rub will cost you a lot of cash$.

Last edited by MattClapp on Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:02 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Well, it appears that the ramp is more to the left than originally. As long as people don't park in front of the two boulders, or close to the ramp on the left side, we should be ok. The key thing is to keep all parking up high towards Bath road and leave the bottom free to allow for you to turn around. BATMAN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:45 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe one of the Kingston folks on here could ask the city to put some no parking signs at the bottom in the turn around area

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:06 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

There was some new ones at the bottom in the fall and they went up a fair bit, along with some along the fence on the west side. Haven't been down there in a bit so not sure if they were removed, I will heck on the weekend.
Tim

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:19 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

It's my understanding that the area is not done yet...

The City is waiting for the renovations at the Church to be completed due to its close proximity to parking and potential left-over issues created by their changes.

As for a floating dock...it was hoped to have in place this year but the cost of altering the pier to make it safe, prevented other planned changes.

I'm live close to this launch and use it often. Once I use it a bit this Spring, I'm going to contact the City to share my experience; good, bad and indifferent in hopes that others will too, so they're aware of changes needed.

As for signs, they'll be coming once the launch is opened and the last of the 2016 renos are completed.

These are the types of concerns that need to be raised so when and if you have comments, please make sure you direct them to the City.

Cheers

banner ad