Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Tue Oct 08, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:43 am 
Walleye

with the ice firming up we have decided to continue with our derby that Quinte Sports Review andd I are putting on. We are watching ice conditions and the bay is making ice and firming up. If the ciold weather continues the derby will be held on the 19th of this month. If we find that we are not happy with the ice it will be cancelled. The areas that seem to be doing great at this time is infront of big island on big bay and herkamer(spelled like it sounds). Some of the reports I have been getting for these areas are good. But let me say this I dont believe it is tht save yet even thogh I have seen fisherman out at both places. Two of my fellow guides are going out tomorrow at big island and they are going to give me a thickness and shoreline reprt tomorrow afternoon. I personally checked out potters and it has firmed up quite substantchually. I had no drill to check thickness but the shoreline has froze tight. Again if we continue with this cold, things maybe rocking by the weekend. I will stay in close contact to report any findings, good or bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:48 am 
Jumbo Perch

Look forward to your thickness / safe ice reports Skevy's! You guys are the best!

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:42 am 
Walleye Fingerling

I was out this morning and there was 8 inches of good ice, I didn't think it would be that good but sure enough it was. The fish weren't bitting as good as I hoped they would, but I got spoiled and caught a couple walleyes for lunch (17,19 inches). A fishing derby, Thats a great Idea Skevy I'll be in to enter it. Is there any regulations as in a slot size ect. HOw much are the tickets and whats the grand prize not like I'll win the derby but something to look forward to, heck even bragging rights would be good enough. I'm going out maybe tommorrow, but foresure on fri, Sat,and maybe on Sun. Oh...and I don't know how everyone else has been doing for luck, but I've been doing better in the evening than the morning. The morning has produced Wally's but the evening has been... Ah lets just say I've been spoiled! :D

Walleyecatcher

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:50 am 
Jumbo Perch

What general area are you fishing walleyecatcher? Don't need specifics, just an idea of where there is that much ice.

banner ad
banner ad