Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:08 am 
Walleye Fingerling

Hi all. Figured while we're all waiting for the ice to firm up, I'd go fishing for a few laughs. Everybody must have had something funny happen in regards to fishing, so let's hear them stories. I'll throw out the 1st line. Years back me + my buddy were putting the last touches on our portable ice hut. Had it set up in the living room + were putting in plexi-glass windows. Got it done + told the gals to have a look. My buddies girlfriend peeks her head in, looks around, sees the windows open, + says where is the mosquito netting? We looked at each other + just started cackling. We still tease her about it. Bring on some more guys + gals.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:43 am 
Walleye Angler

LOL !! :lol: that's one you guys will probably never let her forget. I almost spit my tea all over the computer reading that!!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:15 pm 
Walleye

Me and my buddy were ice fishing out by the red bouy off to the west of Meyers Pier,he yell at me to come running over he had a big hog on,by the time I got there it was at the hole,I grabbed it,it was a walleye alright it must been at least 12# or better.He caught it with his lure in the back and THERE WAS NO MEAT ON IT!! Somebody must have fillet the fish and put it back down the hole.There was about 20 guys out there we laugh are suits off.I told him to call the MNR and get his money back for his fishing licence.To this day we still raz him about it,when he yells I got a HOG ON ! :lol:

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:04 pm 
Walleye

Nice story Doug.... Anyone I might know??

Let me know if the ice gets good anytime soon and you plan on doing some fihsing through the week.. All my weekends in Feb are tied, but I need to get me quinte walleye. I am going to take a few days off through the week to some down and fish, but I have no one to fish with.

Luke

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:11 pm 
Walleye Fingerling

I just introduced a friend of mine to ice fishing he was from Nova Scotia, So I thought I would take him out ice fishing in my portable hut, well if he doesn't get a pike on, I told him to just keep the line tight don't give him any slack and when you see him at the hole try not knock to him off on the ice, well.... Two seconds later his line goes slack and this Pike jumped out of his hole the hook comes loose and flys right into my hole and swims away. we laughed about it for awhile and then I had a walleye on and there he is seriously blocking his hole yelling this on isn't getting away, He actually thought when you get one on they will jump out of the hole at you. It took a lot of fish before I covinced him that doesn't happen!
A week later fishing at rush bar no was catching anything and my buddie the dumb Nova Scotian gets out of my hut to talk to a few friends of ours. A minute later I yelled out fish on during fighting this walleye out my buddies are trying to get me to loose this fish just fooling around with my line body checking me, I know nice guys eh! I end up getting this fish in and I threw the fish on the ice and line went down the hole, I pulled my line back up and my buddie just bought this ice fishing rod and reel and pretty proud of it , well the fish rap around his line and pulled his rod down the hole. So I noticed what I had on and I yelled out at him " Clarky look down my hole!" So he came over took a look down the hole and says holy *** you caught a rod and theres a reel on it, *** it looks a lot like my rod, I said Clarky take a good look at that rod, he say's " hey thats is my rod!" So for know on he always reels up when he steps out the hut. He's my buddie and he makes me feel like a Rocket Sciencetist

banner ad
 Post subject: funniest fish story
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:11 pm 
Jumbo Perch

i was ice fishing with a friend on the thames river i was doing pretty good and my friend was having a tough time that day he had to go to the bath room crap and wanted to go home i drove and was cathing fish and told him to go over the bank and go by a tree so he went about two hours latter we were on our way home and i could smell a bad odour in my truck i akesd him when he went to the bathroom if he stepped in his crap he looked and said no just then i looked over and seen that he had craped in the hood of his one piece snow suit and didn 't realize it we laugh about it to this day.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:39 pm 
Walleye Angler

Good topic but where should I start?
One time my best friend and I were fishing the Murray canal in Brighton, we were fishing off shore, pulling jigs along the bottom for walleye, he was using a 5'6" rod which was new to him, we were fishing and all the sudden I hear "ouch @#$%"! I go over to him and he's got the jig stuck in the back of his head. He wasn't used to the short rod and made an attempt to cast and got the lure stuck in his head. It wasn't in there too bad so we went to the doctors and he pulled it out with little pain and effort. Left a little gash but no stitches.
Later that week, i'm getting home from work and my buddy meets me in the driveway. He's got a ripplin redfin stuck to his hand and blood is covered his hand. He caught a nice pike while out in the boat, he didn't want to net it so not to have it and the lure get tangled in the net so he has it along side the boat, goes to get one of the trebles out of it's mouth and it starts to thrash like only a pike can. One of the hooks gets caught into his hand, he get's the pike in the boat now, and he's punching it in the head to try and knock it out because everytime the pike thrashes about it's burying the hooks deeper. Ouch!
Anyways I just get home from work and he's like "bring me to Trenton Hospital Please?", I went back into the house to get the video camera and a few shots of rye for my buddy to have for the drive to the hospital. The doctor was cool, he let me come in and video tape the removal of the hook, the stitches, and the tetnus shot. His hand was in a bandage so I had to clean the pike up when we got home.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:52 am 
Walleye

Yes Luke you know him as THE BIG GUY Donny.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:15 am 
Walleye Master

Few good stories!! While fishing the derby last year plowing down shermans pointe my little brothe yells I git sumthing on and its heavy! Well I didnt see much fight, he pulled up a dead 15 pound sow! If only the dead ones count!
A couple of my other buddys were fishing for bowfin when all of a sudden one jumps out of the water and right in the canoe, biggest bowfin I have ever laid eyes on, too bad they cant say they caught it!
Heres the pic of the ol black bugger! Kinda scary looking!

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:45 am 
Walleye Fry

In chapleau on a fly-in fishing trip with the boys. Mid week, mid day, my buddy and I were dozing off whilst drifting around our private little lake. i wake up to my buddy diving head first, jean, t-shirt and all, into the water. He shoots back up from about 8 feet deep with his rod in his hand. He passes the rod to me, jumps back in the boat, grabs the rod back and lands his 4lb pike.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:23 pm 
Walleye Fry

Ice fishing story but it doesn't involve catching a fish. It involves the natural progression of food through one's digestive tract.

Short version is that one of the guys that was out with us was wearing his new snowmobile suit and nature was calling. He moved about 30' away and peeled the suit back enough to expose his butt to the air but not far enough for the hood to act like a catchers mitt. Needless to say, we stood there laughing at him proceed to poop in his suit while he kept telling a story which he thought we were laughing at.

Suit pulled up, one arm in, second arm in, zipped it up and then he came walking to us. We pointed out that there were no remnants of his offering (he wasn't one to admire his work) and then he clued in to where it went.

banner ad
 Post subject: Feathered Walleye
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:19 pm 
Walleye Fry

At one of the Fall "Get Togethers" a few years ago I had a very unique catch. I was trolling out front of Merland's in Picton Bay. While watching the rod I noticed a seagull perform a divebomb. When it came back up it had caught a small baitfish. A few moments later my rod bent over and I grabbed it and started fighting a fish. I soon came to realize the fish could fly and it had wings. Yep, that seagull had grabbed my husky jerk (blue and orange by the way) and flew off with it. After a short battle and alot of commotion at the side of the boat it was released. So to catch feathered walleye in Picton Bay use HJ's.

banner ad
banner ad