Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 6:27 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: ice conditions
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:28 pm 
Walleye

Finally got my ice reports . Big bay infront of big island has 10 inches of good ice. This was measured not guessed. Stay away from the east of island not save yet. But out infront and west is good. Fish are biting , mixed bag of walleye and pike. Herkamer (spelled like it sounds) 8 to 10 inches of good ice. Do not stray towards the middle not save out there yet. Bite is on but slow .Trent river at the mouth is starting to form ice,a deffinate stay away zone. Reports are that the launches are really freezing up, so anyone wanting to launch a boat may have a problem. No reports for potters yet. I personally did check it out the other day but I did not have anything to check how good it is. If anyone wants to try it here you better check to be save. The bite has been dead there for quite some time now but again I have no solid reports on anything for this area. As far as petes point, again I have no solid reports. One of the fellows that reports to me said all he did was drive by and look and did not like what he had seen. As far as jigging spoons go the sidewinder is no. 1 the cicada is #2 and the rocket is no 3. williams small flutter spoon is the #1 choice for flutter jig. Hair jigs are the go to for when those eyes go spoon shy. Just to mention a few other guys are requesting a jigging spoon called the deadly dick. After so mainy request I now have them in all sizes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:18 am 
Walleye Master

Sending my brother in for minnows the saft, skevy!! Hey what the best Okuma reel you have for the price????
I'll be heading out to herchimer around 4pm till later in the night! I'll be the guy huttled in my camping tent, anyone going out stop in and say hello if you wish!

banner ad
 Post subject: Minnows
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:35 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Hey Skev: You got med-lg golden shiners ??

Thx

G

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 8:08 am 
Walleye Master

Ty for the minnnowa and that friggin quick minnow rig saved are fingers last night!!!! We ended up with one around 27 inches! Right as soon as we got there then just light hits till 10pm! Herchimer is very safe! just stay away from the pier side of things!

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:45 am 
Walleye Angler

Thanks for the ice conditions reports. I am still learning my way around. Is there a place on line where I can find a map of where these locations are?

I cannot tell if any of the areas referenced are where we live ie Hay Bay. There are a lot of huts out the past few days towards the south shore, west of the Old Hay Bay Church.
Thank you,
Wife of bayboy.

banner ad
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:21 pm 
Perch

Wife of Bayboy....Where is the old haybay church. I also sent you a new private message regarding lodging. Thanks. :)

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:50 pm 
Walleye Angler

The old Hay Bay Church is situated on the south shore of Hay Bay in Adolphustown, 2365 South Shore Road. It is across from Kaiser's farm on the North Shore, and slightly east of Perfect Vue Campground on the North shore.
Wife of Bayboy

banner ad
banner ad