Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 10:37 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
 Post subject: Hard Water Season Over
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:49 pm 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Well, we gave it a shot this afternoon and was the wind blowing form the north-west - what a gale.

Laker John and I hit the Shermans Launch at 1230 and were dipping the lines at 1245, sitting with our backs to the wind to give us some protection.

The wind blew over the chairs everytime we went for a minnow or to clean the hole from the blowing snow. At times we couldn't see the people approx 50-75 yds away with the blowing snow. We persisited.

I foul hooked a perch on a Pimple and then at 1500 hours, I had a hit on the Little Cleo - Bam (as Emeril would say) woooo sun (as Roland would say).

John pulled the fish out and I set a personal best thru the ice. The fish was 24" and on the digital scale (with a windchill of minus 25) the reading was 5.1 lbs.

Couldn't take pix on the ice as the camera was too cold, so we waited til we got to the trailer and set up the shot with the camera warmed up.

We came off the ice at 1530, there were approx 12- 15 people close to the launch ramp and some away over at Shermans and one person in the middle of Long Reach.

Talked to local chap who had done well out in the middle of Hay Bay, in a line with the lighthouse.

That's it for the ice fishing - stay tuned for the Lake Ontario trips for browns and lakers in March.

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:20 am 
Walleye Angler

Superdad, we where over at the old church last night, thank god we had portable huts, we did real well, 2 of us caught 8 fish, all different sizes from 1.5 lbs up to 5.5lbs, one of our better nights this season.

banner ad