Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sun Sep 29, 2024 11:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:40 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Tuesday was the day to remove the tarp and plastic from 'Superdad' , put the plugs back in, connect the battery(she fired OK) and put the mooring cover on the boat in preparation for the trip to the shop for the spring maintenance(filters/oil change/lower unit oil etc...)

It was a glorious day, warm no wind too bad we weren't fishing.

Hay Bays' water is up some this week, but not to a level we've seen in the past. The water is approx a foot to a foot and half down from the base of dock stairs (my watermark for the bay level). In the past the water would be lapping over the cement pad with the wave action, probably won't happen this year.

The water is clear from the shoreline and we didn't see any walleyes swimming close to shore yet.

Laker John and I worked on his motor and brought parts to town for replacing.

We drove back along the North Channal, from the Generating station to Collins Bay. No water outflow from the generating station, saw a gentleman looking at the water there.

All along the shore we can see the markers for the nets that run from the shore out into the depper water. I think these nets are a bout a foot off the bottom. The nets run from the generating station all the way to Parrots'Bay.

We stopped at the little creek in front of the old Celanese plant with hardly any flow into the lake. The water is crystal clear in the lake and the creek is cloudy.

The Launch ramp in front of Invista(Celanese) is in good shape for small boats.

Parrott's Bay was looking good, probably early morning or late evening off the shore, by the bridge.

As I said, it would have been nice to be out on the water as it was flat and the weather was quite warm.

Hopefully, we'll put Superdad in the water in ten days of so and will post what we see.

Stay Tuned

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

banner ad