Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:08 pm 
Walleye Master

I have a Princecraft Pro 165 SC and have never had any issues. Bought it new 12 years ago. Unfortunately I am underpowered and wish I knew 12 years ago what I know now about engine size. Take these guys word for it and max out the HP.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:26 pm 
Walleye Angler

Princecraft all the way!!!! I have had a few, they are very good boats.

Jimbo.

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:11 pm 
Walleye Angler

Jim Lyon wrote:
Well since you asked...Princecraft all the way, Canadian made and a good local dealer. I don't think they get enough credit for their boats
Wordpecker wrote:
Since we're talking $eriou$ Dollar$, and pretty much Everybody agrees Pricing is virtually Equal* when 'Matching Upgrades' are added, it makes sense to seriously consider Retained Value when approaching 'Trade-In Time'. *Something we were NOT aware of.

We've never heard anyone complain about Princecraft Reliability. Or Retained Value... IF you found anybody who lets a Princecraft go. There's also the 'Made in Canada' Factor to consider.

Due to fondness for our Local Smokercraft Dealer (J & P in Belleville), we've never owned one - BUT if buying elsewhere, it would undoubtedly be Princecraft.

Only a personal opinion, btw.

Rgds, Wordpecker
This is wise advice.
With all the trade wars going on it may be a less expensive option as well.

Bob

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:41 pm 
Goby

Princecraft! Watch the steering. You need hydraulic steering on the larger boats. Don’t know why they bother with conventional mechanical type at all. It works but is chunky and awkward. Not smooth!

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:55 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I still run a 94 legend 18 and a half footer... I have pounded this boat every year almost all seasons. Sure you have to tighten thing up, fix this or that but that's every aluminum boat.
I still have the original floors in it, they all make decent boats plus its how well you take care of them. Stored in doors makes a huge difference.
And what everyone else states... max the hp out
Legend os a smokercraft hull, legend just puts the guts in.

Teppy

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:20 am 
Walleye

I have a 2013 20 ft xcalibur legend with a 115 hp a 4stroke merc. I fish salmon pickerel bass pike and musky with it. Also tow the kids kneeboarding and tubing. Like the boat very much. There is only 2 things I don’t like about it. 1. that is where you fill it for gas is too hard to get at with a jerry can so you have to use a siphon hose to fill it with a portable gas can or fill it a gas station. 2. There is no drains incorporated in the floor anywhere for the water to drain away when you wash the floor off or if it is raining. It will very slowly drain away through the seems between the rear deck and floor. Other than that I like my legend and would by another and wouldn’t tell anyone not to.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:00 pm 
Goby

I am on my second legend and they do very well, had a 16 ft, I am now running a 20 legend xtr troller with 150 ,,,9.9 kicker loaded up , Ran her on lake Ontario last year tons of times, no problem at all, I do a lot of fishing, About 200 days a year. Price was about the same as most other boats that size, after double motor upgrade. I will continue to run a legend. All boats have there up and downs, but I am happy with the xtr troller.

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:16 pm 
Perch

about 20 years ago I was looking at a Legend 17' with a 90 Yamaha... Price was good, the motor was an upgrade from a Merc.
Got down to negotiations and found out everything was extra... I nearly lost my mind when they wanted extra for power trim...
Who F$#$ would run a 90HP motor with manual trim... It's like buying a new car and charging extra for power steering...

Bought a Princecraft and never looked back...

banner ad