Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Sat Sep 28, 2024 4:26 pm
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:28 am 
Baitfish

Would like to take my boat out & fish by myself in the Weller's Bay area.
Has anyone been prevented from boating or fishing by the MNR /OPP/ Municipal Police yet?
Anyone know if any warnings have been given or tickets issued?
Thx!

Lowe 165 - Merc 50 - Lowrance Hook2-5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:31 am 
Walleye Catcher

nothing here. Get out there and enjoy the water, its been nice out there. Check the regs on whats is open, not sure about that particular launch in Wellers but some others are open.

Good luck !

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:51 am 
Walleye Angler

your biggest issue will be launches...most are closed. Some poor guy in London got a 780 ticket for fishing in a park, Posted on the lake simcoe forum. It's a you take your chances, but just keep in mind, the more people going out and about, the longer all this will last.

"I would never lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation"

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:09 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
· Public
To our hunting and fishing community in Ontario, we are listening to you! We know you have many questions. Keep asking them. We are in this together, and our staff are working hard to support you.
Can I hunt and fish in Ontario?
At this time fishing and hunting remain open in Ontario. All rules and regulations are in effect. Conservation Officers continue to patrol and protect our natural resources during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As COVID-19 is an evolving situation, we must all follow the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and act responsibly.
Before you head outside, do the following:
Check for #local restrictions on outdoor areas
Practice physical distancing - stay 2 metres from other people
Do not gather in groups while fishing, hunting, and hiking
What if I purchased a licence?
We are looking into the issue of licences that were purchased but can’t be used due to local restrictions. We will have more information about this soon. Stay tuned!
How can I stay up to date?
We will provide frequent updates right here and will be sharing the same messages on www.facebook.com/FishWildlifeON.
You can also visit Ontario.ca/hunting and Ontario.ca/fishing for up-to-date information.
Thank you everyone. Stay safe. #COVID19

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:32 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

I would think a lone kayak fisherman could follow the virus isolation rules the easiest. Drive to an isolated spot away any public access areas and drop your kayak in. Pick a nice day and be safe. Wish I had a kayak. BATMAN

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:27 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

wayne wrote:
Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry
· Public
To our hunting and fishing community in Ontario, we are listening to you! We know you have many questions. Keep asking them. We are in this together, and our staff are working hard to support you.
Can I hunt and fish in Ontario?
At this time fishing and hunting remain open in Ontario. All rules and regulations are in effect. Conservation Officers continue to patrol and protect our natural resources during the COVID-19 outbreak.
As COVID-19 is an evolving situation, we must all follow the advice of the Chief Medical Officer of Health and act responsibly.
Before you head outside, do the following:
Check for #local restrictions on outdoor areas
Practice physical distancing - stay 2 metres from other people
Do not gather in groups while fishing, hunting, and hiking
What if I purchased a licence?
We are looking into the issue of licences that were purchased but can’t be used due to local restrictions. We will have more information about this soon. Stay tuned!

Great information! !
How can I stay up to date?
We will provide frequent updates right here and will be sharing the same messages on http://www.facebook.com/FishWildlifeON.
You can also visit Ontario.ca/hunting and Ontario.ca/fishing for up-to-date information.
Thank you everyone. Stay safe. #COVID19

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:29 pm 
Baitfish

The County is opening their boat launches!
NOTICE: Municipality to allow access to boat launches
The County of Prince Edward is allowing public access to municipal boat launches.

The municipality continues to monitor conditions, given the COVID-19 outbreak and high water levels on Lake Ontario, and will make adjustments in the future if necessary.

Signs have been installed at the boat launch sites informing the public to:
Stay in their vehicles when waiting to launch
Avoid congregating
Maintain physical distancing of 2 m/6 ft at all times
County by-law enforcement will be monitoring the boat launches to ensure compliance with the provincial regulation prohibiting social gatherings of more than five people.

To avoid damage due to high water and wave action, the municipality is not installing docks for public use at this time. Docks will be in place at the Wellington boat launch to support emergency vessels only.

Up to date information on The County’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic is posted on the County website. Information about flooding can be on the County’s flood watch webpage.

Lowe 165 - Merc 50 - Lowrance Hook2-5

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:16 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

The county seems to have adapted a reasonable solution. Main thing is to NOT help that guy that can't back up a trailer. It is best to have patience and remain in your vehicle for 30 min until the guy on the ramp figures out how to back up up like a man. BATMAN

banner ad
PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:29 pm 
Walleye Catcher

Heheheh... ONLY 30 minutes?

Hey, better than anything you'll see on TV these days.

We're so sick of watching CP24 repeat itself every 15 minutes it's driving us crazy.

Rgds, Wordpecker

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:24 am 
Baitfish

I went to Cobourg to fish the creek last week. The park had signs all over it saying its closed and not to park there, so I parked on the road and put my waders on and walked down the creek to the park. I was in the creek the while time, for about an hour. Two police officers approached me and spoke to me from shore and told me the park is closed. I told them I was on Crown land and not the municipal park... They disagreed and told me I had to leave. I asked them specifically why, and they said the city has closed the park. They told me its a $750 fine for fishing in the creek. I again told them that the city doesn't own or control the waterway. One of them phoned their boss, and their boss let them know that I was in fact allowed to fish as long as I was in the creek and not on shore.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:50 am 
Walleye Wisdom

Actually, they could charge you if they wanted to and knew land laws. The creek bottom is of ownership but not the water. A farmer or property owner can stop you fishing by law if you are on the creekbed but has no control if you are floating on the water. I have run into these different times while dealing in R.E. . It is similar with only a few water areas where the owner of the property owns to the high water mark yet in a few areas such as in Cobourg some have rights to the water's edge.

Short Legal brief if you want to read. Go to the last sentence for the quick answer..... http://donaldlange.com/shoreline-ownership/

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:52 pm 
Guppy

LOL
HOW did the law and common sense get involved
Rule # 1
Stay at home, only go out for essentials or work
that means your primary residence,the one on your drivers license

banner ad
banner ad