banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:46 pm 
Walleye Wisdom

Agreed

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:31 pm 
Walleye Angler

pc154 wrote:
Jjz,

I understand the order under the EMCPA does not specifically mention boat ramps......it will come down to if a boat ramp is considered an outdoor recreational amenity.

I do hope you are right.

From the actual statute......

(2) Outdoor recreational amenities that are intended for use by more than one family are closed, regardless of whether they are publicly or privately owned and regardless of whether they are attached to a park system.

Dont worry I am. The vast majority of jurisdictions in Ontario have their boat launches open. The noise you are here is from high population areas or areas on big water. Lots of anglers but a very small percentage of launches. Now are all the launches that are open suitable for a 20’ bass boat? Probably not but most Ontario launches are open. Could the government change that tmo? Sure but the law they put in place does not close boat launches. If a municipality says we are short staffed so we are choosing to not to put in docks etc, i understand that 100% and cant really argue with it. But the ones that are closing it because they say they are directed by the provinical govt are not being straight with you.

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:16 pm 
Guppy

well to be honest most people dont hang around at a boat ramp if you use it sanitize your hands simple and if our prime minister had a set the people that went for their march break trip would still be stuck there and most of this would be over

banner ad
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:18 pm 
Perch

jjz wrote:
pc154 wrote:
Jjz,

I understand the order under the EMCPA does not specifically mention boat ramps......it will come down to if a boat ramp is considered an outdoor recreational amenity.

I do hope you are right.

From the actual statute......

(2) Outdoor recreational amenities that are intended for use by more than one family are closed, regardless of whether they are publicly or privately owned and regardless of whether they are attached to a park system.

Dont worry I am. The vast majority of jurisdictions in Ontario have their boat launches open. The noise you are here is from high population areas or areas on big water. Lots of anglers but a very small percentage of launches. Now are all the launches that are open suitable for a 20’ bass boat? Probably not but most Ontario launches are open. Could the government change that tmo? Sure but the law they put in place does not close boat launches. If a municipality says we are short staffed so we are choosing to not to put in docks etc, i understand that 100% and cant really argue with it. But the ones that are closing it because they say they are directed by the provinical govt are not being straight with you.

It is in fact the provincial order of the EMCPA that municipalities have closed ramps under. And it will come down to the interpretation of the EMCPA order by a JP whether or not boat launches were considered an "outdoor recreational amenity.

OPP or other police certainly will have grounds to issue a ticket to someone using a closed ramp.

I agree there are a lots of ramps still open, its a huge province. But I think more will close before they all open back up. Most of the public ramps around southern Ontario seem to be closed.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:12 am 
Walleye Catcher

Well, boat launches may all close, you are correct, but not from what you think. Its not virus related. The virus scam is unwinding as we speak, which is why Fauci keeps walking back the death toll or models, just as i originally said. The launches will close due to nothing but a snowball effect which is what we are seeing/have seen over the last few weeks.

No bullets please ! i have taken enough, but this is my opinion

Give it a little more time and things will get back to normal once all 4 wheels come off this, just about there. I thought for sure insanity would close our fishing season down for good, but things are looking up.

banner ad
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:17 am 
Walleye

"the ones that are closing it because they say they are directed by the provincial govt are not being straight with you."
Oh my a politician not being honest, what has the world come to?
LOL
Like the restrictions or not the Health Officials are the ones making the recommendations, they are the ones calling the shots, it seems to me Canada is about middle of the pack in severity of lock down.
If everyone stayed home, like they ask, they say it will slow down the rate of spread, then the faster they will ease the restrictions and we can all get out fishing.
Depending on what zone, its under 3 - 4 weeks until walleye/pike opener.
l hope a few don't spoil it for those that have car toppers, Kayaks, canoes, live full time on waterfront , have docks and access to ramps.
"Stay Home, Stay safe, Stay Healthy"

banner ad
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:46 pm 
Perch

All being closed again.

Municipalities cannot over ride provincial regulations.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:07 am 
Walleye Angler

The thing is in boating the first responder is usually the closest boat, so that makes every boat a first responder. By cutting the boats on the water they cut a lot of holes in the safety net. You pay for the boat ramps through your municipal taxes so give a permit with tax receipt and go locals only.

banner ad
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:55 am 
Walleye

Polliwogg
Great idea for when they start to relax the social distancing recommendations, however who is going to police this? What about those who "lend" their permit to a buddy from TO, I would suppose they could put trailer and tow vehicle plate numbers on the tag but with most municipal offices shut down who is going to collect the info and generate the permits. Although I live in Deseronto, I also normally fish the gap for spring lakers and Scotch Bonnet for Summer Salmon, will Bath and Wellington consider me local?
A lot of extra work when government resource are being stretched thin.
Interesting ethical point about a vessel in distress, my solution would to carry extra tow ropes, if called upon to tow in a disabled boat, us my rope, when back to shore toss em the rope, social distancing at its finest.
Till they relax the "rule best advice is stay home, it's natural to be envious of those who have a primary residence on the water.

banner ad
banner ad