Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:50 am
banner ad

All times are UTC - 5 hours

banner ad
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:08 pm 
Walleye

After a delayed start went out through upper gap first line in water just before 9am, headed west big slow S turns covering 20 to 30fow,about a mile west started seeing bait mostly in 25fowwith a few hooks, started going through tackle box washing lures hoping for the "magic" combo, lure type, colour and speed, at about 10:30 had a hit on a purple reef runner 80 ft back of board, felt the weight then was gone. There was another boat in same general area didn't see his net move, at I 11:30 pulled lines and went further west, to obvious drop off close to shore, no names as don't want to create a traffic jam, Windfinder had forecast spot on, winds shifted to WNW I motored past the structure trolled back east on electric bow mount and slight wind assist, first pass landed a 32" pike on Smithwick Rouge Perfect 20 white with purple n black spots, boat in 21fow board 1/2 way to shore lure 60ft from board pulled lines went back to start resulted in 26" walleye, same set up, all total 5 passes landed a 23" walleye that completely swallowed the Reef Runner, kept that one as hooks in gullet n gill, I lost a bigger pike due to poor net job!!! again on the Rouge.
Great day to be on water can't wait till winds and schedule line up again.
Going solo resulted in poor pics, even at 6'5" arms not quite long enough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:39 am 
QUINTEFISHING HALL OF FAME MEMBER

Thanks for sharing - like to hear of fish in that area

Hay Bay / Kingston

Manufacturing UZICK Spinners for over 25 Years

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:46 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Thanks for the report, hoping to head out that way this weekend, but wondering if you launched at Finkles or where about to make it convenient to run up through the gap.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:54 pm 
Walleye Master

MuskieWannabe wrote:
Thanks for the report, hoping to head out that way this weekend, but wondering if you launched at Finkles or where about to make it convenient to run up through the gap.

Also a very good launch in waupoos at the marina If youre on the county side. Makes for a shorter run to fishing grounds. Cost 15-20$ though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://kingstonsportfishing.ca/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:27 pm 
Walleye

MuskieWannabe wrote:

I have waterfront in Deseronto, boats already in water, its a 50 minute run to get out of the gap, considering that it's 30 minutes to haul boat to Finkles then I gotta launch, hoping there's no line up and a parking spot, Finkles to Gap is another 5 miles or 10 minutes. I am retired with back issues so solo launching is not desirable. Yes a long run but jumbo Bubba Keg of coffee, muffin I sit back end enjoy being outside.

As someone said Finkles is close, Waupoos is closer to where I found them, my guess is the main schools are still out at false Ducks and or Timber as water cools down they will use the County south shore to guide temselves to the gap and then there in the reach

banner ad