Trailer Parks
Launches

Quinte Fishing

Fishing Reports for the Bay of Quinte
It is currently Mon Sep 30, 2024 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:49 am 
Walleye

Will be heading out with Moonlight Ice hut rentals this weekend with a few of my good buddies from Oakville. It has been 2 years since I've gone fishing out there on the bay. Just curious if my 2/5 oz little cleo's will be just as effective as ther were 2 years ago or can anyone suggest anything else. I'm taking several people who have seen my pictures so I'm am positive they've got high expectations and I want to set them up with the best possible combination any suggestions would be greatly appreaciated. :D

Post subject: lures
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:23 am 
Walleye Angler

I've always had good luck with MR Champ 1/2 oz chartruse.

The hopkisn spoons are also working good. They are avalable at Bayview Tackle. See ad on this website.

Tony is a good guy so you should have fun. Let us know how you make out. P.S. tip lures with minnows :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 11:44 am 
Walleye

Thank you for the info. We tipped the cleos in the past with minnows & had great success. I will be sure to keep you all posted.
Are cleo's still working well out there ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 8:13 pm 
Goby

My best jig in my pack by far is a gold 1/2oz mr champ with a chartruese face tipped with 2 dace minnows.Ive never had a lot of success with cleos in quinte but a different story on back lakes. BEST OF LUCK THIS WEEKEND. :)

Post subject: Cleo's
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2003 10:37 pm 
gman wrote:
Thank you for the info. We tipped the cleos in the past with minnows & had great success. I will be sure to keep you all posted.

Do Cleo's still work you ask.... They most certainly do. 1\2 oz or 3\8 oz Chartreuse/Silver or Blue/Silver and yes tip with minnow(s) I landed a 13 lbs Walleye and even a couple of small ones hit it last winter "on very thin ice I might ad". I would try using the 1\2 oz first just because the clarity of the water down there now. Hope this boosts you confidence with the Cleo's . Good Luck :D

Post subject: Re: Cleo's
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 12:43 am 
Wall I man wrote:
gman wrote:

Do Cleo's still work you ask.... They most certainly do. 1\2 oz or 3\8 oz Chartreuse/Silver or Blue/Silver and yes tip with minnow(s) I landed a 13 lbs Walleye and even a couple of small ones hit it last winter "on very thin ice I might ad". I would try using the 1\2 oz first just because the clarity of the water down there now. Hope this boosts you confidence with the Cleo's . Good Luck :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:06 pm 
Walleye

I thank everyone for their input. I believe we have assembled a great arsenal for a succesfull saturday with the boys. They are all very anxious.
I will be sure to provide a detailed report sunday on where we were and what we experienced.
I have spoken to several people and the concensus is the fish will be active with the warmer weather coming our way this weekend. Anyone care to comment ?
Cheers and wish you all tight lines !!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 5:17 pm 
Walleye

Well, we were out fishing with Tony by 6:45am. We were just over a KM or so east of the bridge in about 15-18 ft of water. My friends one hut over in about 25 or so ft of water. Nothing whatsoever. Boy did we fish hard, I know I did. Some of us were using a plain hook tipped with a minnow. I was switching back and forth between red & blue little cleos in two sizes tipped with minnows. We really mixed it up and tried a wide variety. Didn't hear of anyone else catching anything either aside from a few small small perch not owrth keeping.
Well what can you do, as long as I know a put in a solid effort that's all that matters besides that's why we calling it fishing & not catching eh boys!!

Post subject: Still Early!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 8:44 pm 
Goby

Sorry to hear that they weren't biting for you this weekend gman. :(

I have been speaking with a few buddies around town and only one said he had been getting action on his line.

We still have a few good weeks + out here on the Bay and Oakville isn't too far away should they start biting....Stay tuned and watch the board to see what's happening...I'm sure things will be improving soon and hopefully we will see you guys back out again!

Post subject: Deseronto
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:25 pm 
Walleye Angler

:D Wen't out for the afternoon bite with my partner. Fished from 2-530pm. My partner caught a7.5 and a guy next too us got one 11lbs. Fish were caught all around us. window wsa 4.30-515 pm
We were on the east side of bridge.

Tight Lines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:33 pm 
Jumbo Perch

Hey Iceman...

East of bridge in Belleville, or in Desoronto? Fished west side of bridge in Belleville, Sat AM and Sunday PM. NA-DA!

Thx.... / DogBoat

banner ad